Chapter 2 [Childhood]

Itachi POV
It's been a year since we left Konoha. Ikeri has grown, with hard work and determination, there's no doubt she'll become a fine shinobi. She loves to learn new things, no matter what the things are. She has gotten used to her mangekyou sharingan in a month so I gave her Shisui's eyes like Shisui wanted me to. Now she has the eternal mangekyou sharingan, only on one eye though.

From what I observed, her mangekyou allows her to teleport in lighting speed. With her eternal mangekyou she can also use the
Kotoamatsukami but it takes a long time to load. She's already really strong as she is.

I taught her everything I know for the sharingan. She's quite good at using them now. Although her genjutsu still requires a little training and perfection.

"Itachi. We've got a mission." Kisame came in saying.

"Papa's got a mission again? Who'll I stay with this time?" Ikeri asked.

"The only ones available now are Kakuzu and Hidan." Kisame told us.

"Well Kakuzu it is then." I said. As much I don't want her to socialize with them I have to. It'll be too risky to leave her alone.

Ikeri POV
It's been a year since papa left konoha. He never told me why, if I did ask he would tell me that I'll know when the time is right. I guess I'll just have to wait.

"Ikeri. Let's go. We're heading to Kakuzu's place." Papa said.

"Okay!" I said with a big smile on my face.

Everytime we go to Kakuzu's place I'll always get to learn more about math, money and all that stuff. Sometimes he would even tell me about the shinobi world.

"Kakuzu-san!" I said greeting him.

"The brat is here again?" Kakuzu said slightly glaring at Itachi.

"My apologies you're the only one available." Papa apologized. His way of speaking was always very sincere.

"Nah, she's entertaining." Kakuzu said. "Besides I don't have much to do now."

"Then I leave her in your hand Kakuzu-san." Papa said, leaving. "Bye Ikeri."

"Bye bye!" I said waving.

"Now up for some mathematics? You'll need it to survive in society." Kakuzu said.

"Yay! Math!" I said. I loved math, it's always so cool and interesting.

"Kakuzu-san." I said after awhile of doing math. "How do you earn money?"

"Good question. There's lots of ways you can earn money. Listen, you can work and go on proper missions and get money. Or you can earn blood money." He said.

"What's blood money?" I asked curiously.

"That's what we Akatsuki earn. Blood money. In the shinobi world more than half earn blood money as well. Blood money is the money you get after killing a specific person. That's why you need to get strong and make sure you're the one that kills and not the one that gets killed." Kakuzu said.

"The one that kills and not the one that gets killed huh." I mumbled under my breath.

"That's right." He said.

Not long after papa came back from his mission. "Papa!" I rushed forward giving him a welcome back hug.

"Let's go home now Ikeri." He said. "Thanks for looking after her Kakuzu-san."

"No big deal, I just taught her a little more about the shinobi world." He replied.

Papa narrowed his eyes as he held my hand and we went home.

"How was your day Ikeri? Kakuzu didn't do anything bad to you did he?" Papa bent down to my height, patting my head as he asked.

He's always so concerned about my well being.

I shook my head. "No. Kakuzu-san even taught me something new. He said I had to grow strong and become the one that kills and not the one that gets killed."

Papa sighed with a slight chuckle. "Yeah. That's reality. That's why I'm going to train you more so you become really strong."

"We'll work on your genjutsu today. Tomorrow I have another mission you'll be with Tobi is that okay?" Papa asked.

"Tobi-san! Okay!" I said. I loved being with Tobi. He's really fun!

Days like this went on for the next 2 years. I learnt a lot of things from them.

Kakuzu-san taught me math, money and facts about the society.

Deidera taught me about bombs. He even told me how I could make some.

Konan-san taught me about the five Nations, wars and peace. Sometimes she'd teach me little on healing, but I'm not good it in.

Kisame-san would always train me on my stamina and sometimes he gets me to learn about some of the swords.

Hidan-san didn't really teach me much but he did tell me a little about his god and some strategies.

Sasori-san always made puppet dolls for me. He sometimes would play with me a little. Besides that, he taught we how to work with chakra strings.

Tobi-san didn't teach me anything. But he was really fun to be with, he plays with me a lot.

Leader-sama always made me do quizzes, he often lent me his books to read. He had lots of books, his room was like a library.

Papa taught me the most. He taught me about life of a shinobi. He taught me genjutsu and he also told me loads about the sharingan. He also sometimes tell me about the Uchiha clan in the past. There's much more to that. I love papa the most!

Itachi POV
The akatsuki has comes to accept and love her as their own. Ikeri awakened the soft and loving side of them. It's hard to imagine that S class criminals that killed countless of people have such a soft side.

Ikeri everyone loves you very much. You've played a very big role in all our lives. I love you so much, I hope you'll stay lovely forever.