Chapter 34 [Happy Days]

Sakura POV
I woke up early this morning, putting my clothes to the wash. I hanged the clothes outside after they were washed.

I lifted my head, looking up at the sun, the sun was bright outside, today was definitely going to be a warm day. Suddenly I felt an arm reach towards my waist, hugging me tight as I felt a head gently placing on my back. I turned my head, looking down.

My heart warmed. It's been so long.

"Sasuke-kun. Welcome home." I said, smiling warmly, hugging him as I slowly stroked through his hair with my hand.

His hair grew comparing to the last time. It's long enough to cover his rinnegan. He still looks as handsome as ever.

After awhile, he finally let go. Holding my hands, he dragged me back into the house.

"Wait, the clothes-" I was saying before he looked me in the eye, causing my heart to race. I was so nervous I could barely even talk. My face felt like it was burning.

"Sakura, I'm sorry." He apologised, wrapping his hand around my waist again, placing his head on my shoulder.

Suddenly, I felt water rolled down on my shoulder. The thought of it made my heart ache, yet at the same time warming it up.

"Sasuke-kun." I said, placing my hand on his head, stroking it. "You're not crying are you?"

He got up, his hand covering his face as he laughed. "Of course not."

I smiled again. Such a liar.

"What brings you back?" I asked, rushing into the kitchen to get Sasuke some watermelons. He must be feeling warm on such a warm day.

"You." He smirked, sitting down on the tall chair near the dinning table.

"Oh stop that. For real I know you've got a job or something." I said placing the tray of watermelon on the table in front of him.

"Thank you Sakura." He thanked, stuffing a piece into his mouth. "I had a mission with Ikeri and she told me to come back. She said you missed me. So I did come back for you."

Pink blush completely covered my face, clenching my fist. "Ikeri said what?!"

Ikeri POV

"Acho!" I sneezed.

"Are you okay?" Kakashi asked, worriedly.

I rubbed my nose, "I'm fine. Probably Sasuke mentioning me with Sakura."

"Sasuke's back?" Naruto asked, shooting up from his seat. He was sitting beside Kakashi. I was helping him with his homework he received. He was still in the process of learning his theory things.

"Why didn't you say so earlier?!" Naruto raged, causing a few paper to fly around. Kakashi still looked shocked, wide eyed.

I giggled. Looks like everyone does miss them like I thought they would. It was a good idea getting him to return. It has been awhile.

-

"Sasuke!" Naruto rushed towards his upon seeing Sasuke's arrival only to be punched in the head by Sakura.

"Long time no see Sasuke. Your hair grew." Kakashi said, approaching Sasuke.

"Ikeri, why'd you tell Sasuke I miss him? It's embarrassing!" Sakura whispered in my ears, her face blushing.

I smirked. "Because you do~"

Sakura threw a punch at me but I avoided it by jumping behind Kakashi.

"Ah, Sasuke save me!" I joked running behind Sasuke.

Sasuke glared at me, rolling his eyes before handing me a bag. Looking into it I saw... something that I missed. Something I've forgotten existed for a long time. Something I didn't have the time to get ever since war ended. It's been years...

It was Dangos! I looked at them with sparkling eyes as I gently picked a stick up, sticking it into my mouth. That one dango brought back memories. So much memories.

Back then... Papa and Big brother Shisui would always buy dangos for me when he gets some. It also brings back memories when I bought dangos myself.

"Thanks Sasuke!" I shrieked. He's not bad of an Uncle to be completely honest. He's pretty cool and he can be really nice.

"Hey Ikeri when are you getting a boyfriend? Everyone's getting engaged and you're still lonely!" Sakura suddenly made her way over, squishing me. Sasuke glanced over, smirking.

"Yeah Ikeri. Even Choji's engaged." Ino said, coming out of nowhere with the rest of konoha 11. We agreed to a gathering to have a meal together. It has been long since we've gathered together ever since the war ended. Everyone was busy with their own things, whether it was jobs, trainings, relationships, families or anything else.

I laughed it off as we walked along the streets, heading towards the barbecue restaurant, talking. "Who am I supposed to get together with?"

"Kiba and Shino are still available." Hinata muttered, holding onto Naruto's arm. Her statement caused everyone to laugh, making Kiba to blush and Shino didn't have much reaction as usual.

I glanced over, smirking. There was no way I'd fall for those guys. I doubt anyone would get me. I'm way too busy to even bother about relationships.

Happy days like these went on, but that didn't lower our guards. However, me and Sasuke waited, we waited for Kazuo Tomura to make his move or give any instructions on where we'd find him. But that day never came, he didn't do anything. We waited, for about a decade yet he didn't make a move. We were stuck, we had no idea where he'd be. We had no idea how to find him either. We were stuck with the information we got. No matter how hard we tried. Those were the only information we got. As time passed by, slowly, we let it slip.