Chapter 26 [Dry tears]

Third person POV
It was all in a matter of time, a matter of seconds in fact. It was right in front of her eyes. It all happened right in front of her eyes, yet she couldn't do anything. She blamed herself, if only she was stronger, better than who she is, she could've saved him.

When she made it there, she could barely even breath but that all did not matter, what mattered most was the scene.

Sasuke slowly stood up, his feet shaking and ran off. She was a mere seconds away from saving him, a mere seconds away from getting her revenge but all she could do was stand there and watch as the scene unfolded in front if her and having her tears rolled down her faces.

Soon rain started pouring, Kisame came over and retrieved Itachi's body. Whispering something into Ikeri's ear before leaving.

Ikeri stood there, she didn't react, neither did she respond. Her eyes were emotionless, she just stood there as rain poured onto her.

After half an hour or so, Kakashi and the rest arrived. Kakashi, seeing Ikeri standing there, the thought that she was petrified immediately came into his mind. He immediately rushed over. Pityful emotions were written all over his face, he did treat Ikeri like a daughter of his.

But before Kakashi could reach her, she teleported away, leaving Kakashi to be worried about her. At that point, she couldn't bother about anything.

-

At the gates of konoha, Ikeri stood, starring with her emotionless eyes, her mangekyou activated. Seeing that, the guards approached her to question if she was fine or did she need any medical help. Without warning, she let herself lose, as if she was about to collapse.

Without thought, the guards reached out their hands to assist her. But the next thing they knew, before their hands could reach her, they felt someone grabbed onto their wrist and threw them aside.

Ikeri stood up straight and continued walking, her eyes not even moving once. The same happened to all who tried to approach her on her way to her room.

In her room, she sat on her bed, again starring into space, feeling depressed.

Not very long after, Kakashi returned home, immediately rushing into Ikeri's room only to find it locked. He tried getting in using his keys but Ikeri's manipulated selves thrown him out. Kakashi tried having a talk with her manipulated selves but it didn't work.

-

"Lady Tsunade-" Kakashi said before being cut off.

Kakashi decided to go inform Last Tsunade about Ikeri's condition since he couldn't do anything, he thought Lady Tsunade probably could.

It would also be good to have Lady Tsunade check on Ikeri in case Ikeri was physically hurt in any way possible.

"Kakashi, do you have an idea on where Ikeri might be." The tone Lady Tsunade used was dead serious, it seemed as if she was very stressed.

"Yea, she's at home, she locked herself in my room. In fact, that was why I came looking for you." Kakashi answered, slightly hesitant. It was rare to see Lady Tsunade stressed but not having any alcohol.

"You shouldn't have answered me." Lady Tsubade said, her hands on her forehead, looking more stressed out than ever.

"May I know what's the problem?" Kakashi questioned but once he knew the answer, he instantly regretted telling Lady Tsunade Ikeri's location.

-

Many have come to knock on her door, asking for permission to enter ever since her location started to spread. Those who entered forcefully got thrown off, as expected. Most who came were anbus.

"Ikeri." Lady Tsunade made her arrival, she only had the smell of alcohol and for sure she was drunk. "You need to come out right now, or I'm getting in."

Everyone expected for Lady Tsunade to get a beating from Ikeri's manipulated selves and get thrown off like everyone else. But that wasn't that case. The door opened and Ikeri was sitting there. She wasn't starring into space anymore, she was glaring at everyone who came in. Her mangekyou was activated.

They knew something wasn't right, the her that closed everyone out was now opening herself to everyone, just because Lady Tsunade asked. Ikeri was never that kind of person who would obey a command just because it was given by the higher ups.

As she expected, everyone rushed in as the door opened and went towards her. Lady Tsunade grabbed onto her arm and asked whether she was okay.

Ikeri threw her arm off, adding on with a cold comment. "Even if I weren't, you won't be able to do anything about it."

Despite Ikeri's reaction, Lady Tsunade still went on with checking whether Ikeri had wounds. Kakashi was at the side, comforting her.

In the blink of an eye, Ikeri stood up and teleported outside the house. Of course, everyone rushed out, throwing questions at her, asking if she was fine, hurt or anything.

She gave them an answer, one that wasn't very logical.

She grabbed onto her katana and started attacking the anbus there. Lady Tsunade, Kakashi and a few anbus had to restrain her. But she kept escaping, continuously attacking anbus around.

It took several attempts before they could actually managed to calm her down. But after awhile, she stopped attacking anbus even when she wasn't restrained. Instead she decided to attack Lady Tsunade and Kakashi.

Lady Tsunade and Kakashi fought her but tried their best not to attack, just defence. Without command, more anbus arrived and restrained Ikeri, even using a seal to seal off her eyes so she can't use them.

That was when the elders appeared, including Danzo.

"Tsunade, it took you too long. You could've been killed!" One of them said as the other was instructing the anbus on what to do as Danzo was talking to Ikeri who was handcuffed, seal covering her eyes.

"You'd try to help her wouldn't you...?" Kakashi asked Lady Tsunade at the lowest of spirits, looking down on the ground.

"...I'll try" Lady Tsunade mumbled as she left along with the elders.

As for Ikeri, she was escorted off earlier by the anbus to a place she never would've expected to end up in, yet she didn't really hate the idea of going there. Perhaps something different might be good for a change...