Chapter 24 [Kakuzu and Hidan]

Ikeri POV
After a good rest, I felt much better so I decided to joined Naruto and his training once again. When I got there, I saw Naruto training. He had a desperate look. Like he was trying to do it for something. He's not usually like that.

I walked up to Yamato, asking what's going on. Yamato explained that Kakashi went off with Team 10 to avenge their sensei, Asuma who was killed by the Akatsuki members. Naruto wanted to be sent as back up but Lady Tsunade said only if Naruto completes the training by this afternoon. I asked who the members were but he had no idea. He said all he heard was that one was immortal.

From the looks of it, it's Hidan and Kakuzu. I struggled between to decision to head over first or stay with Naruto. By afternoon, Kakashi and Team 10 could be dead. But if I leave Naruto, will he get into trouble? Well not if Kakashi and team 10 doesn't die, so I'll head off first.

I explained to Yamato before heading off. Not even bothering one big about getting permission from the fifth hokage. I mean at most I'd get yelled at, I'm saving their lives here she should at least be grateful.

Once I arrived, I his behind a bush and observed. The battle only just begun when I arrived. Or at least I think so? Kakuzu hasn't released his hearts yet and their clothes look fine.

The battle started to get intense but all it took was a little move to absolutely freeze everyone.

I jumped from the bush, using Kakuzu's head as a bouncing board and jumped towards Hidan. I grabbed his stick and teleported on a tree.

"Ikeri?!" They all said, shocked.

"What?" I said, giving them an innocent face.

"Where's Itachi?" I said.

The atmosphere suddenly got tense and serious.

"With Kisame." Hidan replied, simply.

I jumped off the tree branch, getting up close to him.

"I asked, where is he."

"Okay, okay. He's at the hideout. He's doing fine, but it seems that his eyesight probably has problems. I have no idea." He said, stressed looking.

"Fair enough." I said, pushing the stuck towards him, against his chest as I teleported beside Kakashi.

"Are you going to kill them? They're not even worth the time, like Kakashi may be worth a little but not the rest, you should know that enough Kakuzu. You're wasting your time on them? How unlike you." I laughed.

"Ikeri, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to be joking with them even much to tease them." Kakashi whispered.

"Oh please. These two aren't even the best." I whispered back before disappearing to behind Kakuzu.

Third person POV
Ikeri disappeared, reappearing behind Kakuzu, sending a kick at one of his hearts, the water-style heart.

Kakuzu turned at the exact moment and had his other hearts out, ready to battle.

Hidan on the other hand was fighting Kakashi, trying to get his blood. Little did he know, Ikeri appeared behind him, kicked with her katana slashed his arm off. He swore like 5 times before getting back to action.

"I leave the rest to you, Shikamaru." Ikeri said, winking. She knew that Team 10 wanted to handle things on their own and her helping too much wouldn't do any good.

Kakashi was about to say something, probably asking Ikeri to stay but before he could even speak, Ikeri teleported away, leaving them on the battlefield.

Ikeri POV
Naruto should be about done, now.

"Naruto just headed off. You should go after him." Lady Tsunade came over saying.

Its been awhile since I seen her but she looks exactly the same as usual.

"What if, just what if, one day my mission ends and I get a new one. What if that mission is to retrieve the nine-tails? What if I had to hurt these people, my friends for the sake of not offending Leader?"

She gave me a smile but I looked over guiltily yet calmly.

"When that time comes, I'm confident you'll make the right decision." She said, turning her back, leaving.

'Will I? What if I chose papa over innocent people? Papa wouldn't like that. What would my decision be? Will that time even come? If so, when?' I thought as I made my way back to the battlefield.

But of course my speed was a little too slow then. When I arrived, they were done. Kakuzu was defeated and Hidan was trapped within the deep forest, being watched over by reindeers. Just before I made my way back to konoha again, I walked over to Kakuzu collecting his ring. As for Hidan's, I took it from the hand that I sliced just now. Now I have their rings too.

"Ikeri! You coming?" Sakura yelled.

I got out of my thoughts and made my way over as we headed back to konoha. It sure feels nice and warming, having friends like them.

It's just sad how it isn't possible for one's life to be perfect. For one to have what they want all at once. If I had a wish, that's probably be it.