Chapter 3 [The night that changed everything]

Ikeri POV

"Ikeri. Papa has a mission. No one's available to take care of you so you'll come along okay?" Papa told me.

"Okay!" I shrieked. "Missions are exciting and cool right? I'm so excited!"

"Not necessarily a good sight." Papa smirked, bending down to my height. "But first let me tell you the truth about what happened 3 years ago."

Oh? So the time is finally right.

"3 years ago. The Uchiha was planning a coup. In order to stop it, Shisui wanted to use his Kotoamatsukami on my dad, your grandfather, Fugaku Uchiha. He was the head of the Uchiha clan. But Danzo believed just by doing that wouldn't work and took Shisui's right eye believing that Shisui would eventually use it against the village. Shisui escaped to the river, you saw. Soon after, Danzo gave me two options to support the coup and get the whole Uchiha killed or to kill the Uchiha on my own and spare my little brother, Sasuke. I chose to spare Sasuke. He would someday be able to revive the clan. I killed everyone that night and joined the Akatsuki. But no matter what I will forever be Itachi Uchiha of the Leaf. No one knew you existed so your life isn't in danger. But know this my little girl, from here on out you're going to have to keep your surname a secret or you might be in more danger than you think. The mission are is dangerous. We'll create a story just in case. Remember this, you don't know where you're from, you don't remember anything only that your name is Ikeri. You're dad asked you to wait for him here one night, left and never came back. Okay?" Papa said. It was only on rare occasions when he would speak to me in such serious tone.

"Okay. I don't remember anything. My name is Ikeri. My papa asked me to wait for him here one night, he left but he hasn't come back yet." I said.

The one thing I don't understand is why papa loves the leaf so much. All they did was make him suffer. They made him kill his family, why does he still love them so much?

"Good. If anyone asks tell them that okay?" Papa smiled, standing up. The thing was, it wasn't exactly a happy smile, it was more of a painful one.

I nodded. "If the hidden leaf finds me, what then? Can I tell them who I am?"

"If you trust them enough to, then I guess you can." Papa replied.

And we set off on the mission. Papa said the mission was somewhere near konoha. Honestly I don't have much feelings for that place, besides the river.

"Papa what is your mission?" I asked.

"To drive the konoha shinobi to the wrong place and making them believe it's the akatsuki hideout." He replied.

"Papa, why do you love konoha so much?" I asked.

"You'll find out when the time comes but for now just know that Konoha is where I live and where I belong. That's why I love it."

We started walking into a cave. "Papa why are we going this deep into the cave?" I questioned again.

"Now you stay here and wait for me to return okay?" He said."Remember this, no matter what I will come back for you."

I gave him one last hug before he left. Who would've knew that was the last hug I'll ever give him?

Kakashi POV

"Lord Third said that their hideout is somewhere around here. We'll search in twos, when you find any clues send word back to konoha immediately and inform the rest. Scatter!" I commanded.

I was partner with Yamato. We were to search around the cave area. As we headed over we saw Itachi Uchiha. He's one of the Akatsuki members so their hideout must be around here.