Chapter 6 [A dangerous journey to the land of waves]

Kakashi POV

"Lord Third." I greeted as I entered his office.

"Oh Kakashi. Any reports on team 7?"

"They passed the test. It was really unexpected but they did it." I said.

"Good. If that's all you're dismissed." Lord third said, getting back to his work.

I didn't turn to leave. I stayed on the spot. Lord third looked up from his work, confused, yet he understood that I had something to report.

"Lord Third, it's about Ikeri." I said. "I suspect she lied about not remembering anything."

"And why is that?"

"During the Bell test, a genjutsu at least B ranked was casted on me. There wasn't anyone else but team 7 there, so it must've been a member of team 7. When I was stuck in the genjutsu, Ikeri took the bells then released me from the genjutsu. Being able to release a B ranked genjutsu isn't what a mere genin that started a few weeks ago can do. Furthermore, while we were at the memorial stone, Ikeri's eyes shown that she was looking for a name whether it was crafted on it." I reported. I feel kind of guilty for turning Ikeri in. But it's for the best. For all we know, she could be an enemy.

Lord third went into deep thought for awhile.

"You're right Kakashi, I want you to keep on observing. We need more proof if we're going to get anything out of her." He said, dismissing me.

Someone's POV (was outside hokage's office and heard everything)

Ikeri huh? A genin that can release a B ranked genjutsu. Not bad. We should try her out. I'll have to get the preparations ready.

Later that day,
Ikeri POV

"Sasuke at point A."

"Sakura at point B."

"Ikeri at point D."

"Naruto at point C."

"Naruto you're slow." Kakashi said.

After we caught the cat, we returned it to its master. Poor cat has to be squeezed, even I would run away if I were it. But I'd certainly beat my master up before I do.

"Now then the next mission for squad seven is... an errand to the neighborhood town to baby-sit the chief councilor's boy...helping with down going potatoes... and..." Lord third read from a scroll before being interrupted by Naruto.

"No! No! No! I want something more exciting!" Naruto yelled forming a X sign.

"How dare you! You're just a kid with no experience!" Iruka yelled. Then Lord Third or the old man rather started his lecture. He's getting old, his lecture are getting longer and longer.

Soon after, he decided he would give us a C rank mission. Don't ask me why I didn't pay attention but it is better than chores.

"You will be guarding..." he got cut off by Naruto.

"Who is it, who is it, is it a feudal lord? or is it a princess?"

" ...you will be guarding Tazuna, veteran bridge builder." Just as the old man finished off, a drunk old man came in.

"What's this? It's just a bunch of draned squirts. Particularly you the smallest one with the idiot face and you the one in black hair." He said.

I glared at him so coldly he was taken aback, so much that he didn't dare to look me in the eye anymore.