Chapter 22 [News]

Third POV

"You can take off your mask, this isn't an anbu mission. You will be join team Kakashi in Kakashi's place for this mission. Your code name will be Yamato." Lady tsunade said.

Yamato took off his mask. "Yes
ma'am."

Then Lady Tsunade explained the mission to him. He was going on this mission with Ikeri a previous akatsuki member, Naruto, Sakura, and Sai a member of ROOT.

"A previous Akatsuki member? Why is she doing in konoha? Shouldn't we capture her?"

"She's on a mission requested by the leader, to protect the nine-tails. Besides she sent us information on the akatsuki previously so we consider her as an Ally.

Ikeri POV
Yamato met me, Naruto, Sakura and Sai. He told us that we would be on a mission to the bridge to meet with Sasori's spy.

On the journey there, Sai and Naruto didn't really get along. Sai kept roasting insulting Naruto. Sakura kept her cool until Sai went overboard and insulted Sasuke as well.

I glared over at Sai. "If you don't shut up, I'll kill you."

He was being real noisy, I got annoyed. He immediately kept quiet. He must have been briefed about this, he wouldn't even keep quiet when Yamato asked him to yet he did when I asked him to? He definitely knows who I am.

We stayed in an inn for the night and were going to set off next morning. That night Yamato prepared a meal for everyone. It looked tasty so Naruto  Sakura and Sai didn't hesitate and dug in.

I glanced over at Yamato, with my sharingan activated. "You seriously expect me to eat this?"

"Why? Is there anything wrong with it?" Yamato asked nervously.

I rolled my eyes, deactivating my sharingan. "You know what you did. And well I don't like seafood even though it makes this meal really grand."

I went out to a convenient store and bought some instant ramen. I ate there, staring up at the stars.

I wonder what will happen when we meet Orochimaru. Sasuke would probably be close by. What then, what would I do?

The next day, we set off to the bridge early morning.

Yamato disguised himself as Sasori and went onto the Tenchi Bridge to meet the spy while Naruto, Sakura, Sai and I hid nearby. The spy, Kabuto Yakushi, began telling Yamato about Orochimaru's organisation, but they were interrupted by the arrival of Orochimaru, who teams up with Kabuto to fight Yamato, having intended to kill Sasori.

Team 7 comes to his aid and Orochimaru, recognising them, taunts Naruto.  Naruto is enraged and strikes him, using his version 1 form to make his attacks more devastating. Naruto's rage intensifies as he submits to the Nine-Tails' influence: he destroys the Tenchi Bridge and eventually advances to his version 2 form while fighting Orochimaru. Naruto is soon forced back to the destroyed bridge, where, unable to tell friend from foe, he unwillingly was going to attack Sakura. But he never got to her Sakura.

I had my sharingan activated and as things we're getting out of hand, I prepared to control him, using my eyes.

As Naruto calmed down slightly, still in tailed beast form, Yamato suppresses the Nine-Tails' influence with his wood release, but its chakra leaves Naruto's body badly damaged.

After Sakura healed him, Naruto wakes up unable to remember what happened, but is surprised by the devastated landscape.

We then realized that Said, wasn't around with us. Yamato assumed that Sai most likely had an anbu separate mission and is current with Orochimaru.