Prologue

(y/n) P.O.V

I'm sitting watching anime. I just finished another episode of Black Butler, which I've watched about 37 times now? Make that 38.

I shut my laptop and make an 11:11 wish when I saw the time, just like I have been for the past 2 and a half almost 3 years. I've done other things trying to make my wish come true. All the cheesy things and a few others. Coins in fountains, wishing on the first star I see at night, four leaf clover, make your wish mentally while walking up a hill and never looking back, wishbones, but so far, nothing has worked.

My wish is to go to the Black Butler universe and see how I could change it if I could, and who I could change. I'm a rather factual individual for someone with such high emotional reactions. I understood the logic used in the anime and though so many stood out as well when it came to intellectual prospect, this one superseded all. It brought reason and reality to paranormal and superstition.

I want to go there and make a difference or die during the adventure of a lifetime. I know this isn't a fanfic and I'm no protagonist. I don't sit by the window and daydream and I'm not some overly obsessed fan with merch wanting a love life with one of the characters. I'm your regular 17-year-old girl with average grades and I screw up all the time. I'm just sick and bored of my stagnant and boring routine I call a life.

I finish making my wish and leave my room to go to the kitchen and make some apple cider. The mix was on sale since it's fall and nearing winter, and I love apple cider. The kitchen is connected to the living room and there are two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It's not huge but it's not cramped either.

The weather is a little crazy since we're predicted to have a snow storm so I started the fire after bringing in wood and cutting up some kindle. The power is acting funny and there have been two power surges in the last hour so I shut down the main computer and most of the lights as to not blow any bulbs or circuit breakers or fry the motherboard in the tower of the computer, so here I am enjoying my downloaded anime and hot cider.

Once I pour the now boiling water from a pot into the mug and sit down, the power went out. My laptop light was all I had to the illuminate the living room along with the fire still roaring.  

I rise from my seat to grab some propane and electronic lanterns when I look out the window and see my neighbor still has power. I pause before walking to the front door and peeking my head out to look down the rest of the street. Everyone but me had power in their houses.

I don't know how to fix a breaker box and the phones won't work so I can't call dad and Since it's almost midnight, despite the few lights I can see, I doubt anyone else is awake. 

Let me explain. I stay up this late to make my wish and because I have slight insomnia, it's harder for me to fall asleep, but not impossible. This is one of the times where it kicks in and I can't just go to bed after making my wish. 

It's not bad though. Now I can stay up and watch more anime. Winter break is just around the corner so I don't have to worry about being up early for more than another two days. It's Wednesday.

The T.V comes back on but it's snow static and nothing else. I can't even change the channels.

I hear a voice coming through and try to make out what it's saying when I completely freeze. All I hear is a static and a glitch-filled voice come through.  

"Where am I?"

I stood still processing this and when I did I did the most imbecilic thing I could think of, and the only thing I could think of. Respond with a thoughtless answer.