Chapter 1: version 1

Tobi P

Tobi P.O.V

I know this plan is risky but it's the only option to save this operation. The statue has been broken. I'm still unsure as to what happened, but I've managed to save some of the chakra from the tailed beast, however, but it won't last long.

I'm using all of my strength at the moment to keep the gateway open for a new host who will act as the ten tails. The gateway opens completely so I may pull the figure through when a large blast throws me and them back into a tree.

(Confused? Yeah me too. Let's take things back just a bit to see how this happened.)

I was with the rest of the Akatsuki during the latest chakra transfer when the chakra of the tailed beast went wild as if it were trying to escape on its own and away from its host. When the explosion occurred I managed to use my own body to store what little chakra I could without being found out or noticed by the others.

I had Pein send me out for research so I could have the time to perform a special ritual. I had drawn a seal on the ground (The emblem at the top) that when used backward could open up different dimensions instead of locking others away.

Pushing my chakra through I tried sensing for a strong form of life. One was nearby and based on its fluctuation the owner of the signature is tired for some reason. 'Perfect' I thought. Pushing through the portal I grabbed the figure which seemed feminine and soft. I heard a yelp and suddenly the figure felt like dead weight.

I know this plan is risky but it's the only option to save this operation. The statue has been broken and we need a host. I'm still unsure as to what happened, but I've managed to save some of the chakra from the tailed beast, however, it won't last long.

I'm using all of my strength at the moment to keep the gateway open for a new host who will act as the ten tails. The gateway opens completely so I may pull the figure through when a large blast throws me and them back into a tree.

I lift my head from hanging back on the trunk and look down to see a sweet and gentle looking girl unconscious in my lap. 'This was the person causing that signature?!' I was expecting something else due to the amount of strength I could still feel but it was indeed the small girl who possessed it.

I pick her up bridal style and start walking and start to take a look at the girl in my arms. She had (H/L) pretty (H/C) hair in an elegant style for its length. Features that were soft as they looked calm but seemed they could turn sharp with the right look. Switching to her figure I took a long look at what she was wearing. Rust pink and soft green fabric designed in a flowing fashion but looked comfortable and unrestricted to a movement that, admittedly, suited her perfectly.

As I made my way back to the base I broke into a run in order to burst in and present my act to the others. Kami if it wasn't irritating to my throat to use this stupid voice!

Teleporting into the center of the living room I began jumping like a lunatic to get Deidara's attention and it worked.

Deidara P.O.V

I looked up from the art I was working on as my idiot of a partner came up to me like a blundering fool.

"What do you wa-"

I cut myself off looking at the girl in his arms as she was being jostled. I tuned him out and looked over her. 'She's a perfect work of art! Tobi was the one to capture her? How is that possible?!

I stand up and rip her away from him without thinking and place her on the couch. He was silent so with a calm glare and pinching the bridge of my nose I pointed to the girl.

"Who is she and why are you all excited? Explain it calmly so I can actually understand. Got it?"

He nodded rapidly and pointed to her as I had, "She's the new vessel!". I was the one going quiet now. He ran to find leader-sama and I just sat next to the couch thinking.

'The new vessel... I can still take a shot with her but she does look a bit younger than me so I'll have to ask her when she's up. What a shame...'

She started to stir so I shook her a bit trying to get her up quicker. She woke up and just stared at me. My jaw dropped. Her eyes... What are they?

She began shaking so I freaked out and tried to calm her down

"Shhh! Shhh! I-It's okay you're fine everyth-thing is gonna be fine I swear!"

I thought it worked for a minute when the shaking lightened but then she tilted her head like a curious newborn kitten and spoke. It's only once she did this I went into shock.

Was it the surprise, curiosity, or maybe even mild frustration mixed with a sense of disappointment?

"I'm s-sorry, but I can't understand you, sir."

She was speaking in a language I had never heard and didn't understand...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you guys think of this opening? I know not much happens and I feel it moves a little slow but I didn't want to bring in everyone at once and like I've said, it's only meant as an opening and not a full-blown introduction.

Also just to alert you, the reader doesn't speak Japanese but instead speaks English as that is the vast majority of my readers but I don't mind switching the languages if anyone would like to translate it into their native tongue.

Do you like the idea of how the sense of communication would change the story? Do you like the way the reader is presented or would you rather something be changed? Let me know in the comments and I'll be sure to implement them into the story or into the next openings!

This only took me two hours to write so I'm sorry if it feels a bit rushed as well.

I'll see you all in the next idea! Be bright and stay creative!~

Words count: 1126 -Crooked