The New Boy (A Shawn Mendes Fanfiction)

Chapter 3

Shawn's POV

When the bell rang for lunch, I came out of my theology lesson and headed for the lunch hall. It was so crowded with people pushing and shoving me as I was looking everywhere for Louise and her group of friends. After about 5 minutes I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and Louise was standing there smiling.

"Hey, wanna come over to my table?"

I smiled and nodded.

I followed behind her and saw 5 girls and 2 boys sitting down at the table, they were all smiling at me. Louise pointed at all the girls and said there names; Izzy had long blonde hair and light blue eyes, Cara had ginger hair and brown eyes, Skye had light brown short hair and hazel-green eyes, and lastly Hazel had dark brown curly hair like Louise's and brown eyes. They were all very pretty, but not as pretty as Louise. They all said hello and smiled, then Louise pointed at the 2 boys on the table and said their names were Joey and Juan and they both had dark brown hair. Joey had a few freckles on his face and green eyes, Juan had just regular brown eyes.

I took a seat and everyone was being really friendly and always talking to me so I didn't feel awkward at all. I told them about me living in Canada and my experience there, Louise said she was a quarter Canadian and she was from Newfoundland. I thought that was quite cool, but she didn't think it was because she said apparently there's nothing to do there.. Which was quite true, have to be honest.

I got to know everyone really well from that one lunch break and I especially got to know Louise a lot better. She has 2 younger siblings, boy and girl. Her full name is Louise Rose Lane, her favorite colors baby blue, she's a piscies and I could go on forever. We didn't stop talking because we both always had something to say.

***

Louise's POV

The bell rang as I made my way out of school to go home. I said bye to my friends and just as I was walking, I heard footsteps behind me coming closer and closer. I spun round and saw Shawn smiling at me and he said,

"Hey!"

"Hi, where are you heading to?"

"That way" he says, pointing in the left direction

"I'm going that way too" I chuckled

We were having a little chat as I got to the first door of my house. "I guess this a goodbye, see you tomorrow at school" I smiled as I was searching for my house keys in my bag.

"Wait.. you live here??" Shawn said in surprise

"um.. yeah? Why would I be in front of some random house?" I replied laughing

"Well it's just cause I live across the road from you" he laughed back

"Really?! So you're the new neighbour!" I answered

"Yep. It's a very nice area" he smiled

We ended up just having a really long chat as I was on the front door step of my house.

"So do you want to come in?" I offer

"Um.. If you insisted" he blushed

I grabbed the keys out of my bag and opened my house door. I yelled "Hellooooo? Anyone home?", no answer. Well my parents must still be at work or something. I dumped my bag on the floor and took my shoes off, Shawn did the same thing as I lead him into my house. I offered him a drink and he just nods and I let him choose what he would like to drink.

"Your house is really nice" he said as he was pouring some orange juice in a small glass cup.

"Thanks, it's a bit messy because I wasn't expecting anyone round" I giggled.

Shawn just smiled and drank his drink and soon we went upstairs into my room, we both sat on my bed as I was charging my phone by my bedside table. I didn't know what was coming next so I just smiled at him. It wasn't awkward, it just seemed like we were just admiring each other for a long time until he noticed my guitar leaning on my wall on the far side of my room.

"You play guitar?" he asks with a smile

"Yeah, I've been playing it since I was 10" (I am now 15) I say exchanging back a smile

"That's cool, I play the guitar too. I don't know what I'd do without one" he laughs softly

"Do you sing?" I say

"Yeah, I've done some covers on YouTube"

At that moment I knew I recognised him from some where, my friend showed me a cover of him playing 'Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood' after that I became so obsessed with that song and I learnt how to play it on the guitar I loved it so much.

"Oh my gosh, you're that boy from YouTube who does covers now and again. You're really good and seem like you get a lot of hits on your videos" I say almost immediately.

************************************

Hey guys hope you liked chapter 3! will be updating chapter 4 and 5 today maybe even 6 and 7 because it doesn't take long for me to type these up! haha

Juan is based on my friend and that is his actually name so, if you're reading this Juan you will start getting more involved in the story bc this is just the beginning:)

again please follow me on twitter @kianftshawn still might change my name so ill still be updating my twitter name after each chapter! xx
I've change my twitter name it is no longer kianftshawn it is @stylishawn so go ahead and follow it!