The New Boy (A Shawn Mendes Fanfiction)

Chapter 20

Louise's POV

I tried calling Sebastian but it kept going straight to voice mail. I wondered where he was because we arranged to meet today.

I thought to myself, he could still be sleeping as it was 8:34 AM so I started to get myself ready.

After I had a shower, I put an over sized red sweater on with my black ripped jeans and a jean jacket.

I applied some mascara and a bit of foundation. I quickly blow dried my hair and then brushed it. I was finally ready.

I glanced at my clock as it read 9:56 AM. It was still quite early so I made myself some breakfast downstairs.

I was surprisingly the only one awake in the house. I guess everyone else was having a lie in.

I thought to myself whether I should just walk to Sebastian's house if he's still not awake.

I finished my cereal and headed for the door, grabbing my keys, money and phone then stuffing them in my pocket of my jacket.

I shut my front house door quietly so i didn't wake anyone up.

It was ice cold outside, so I buttoned my jacket up and put my hands in my pockets.

It's not that much of a walk from mine to Seb's but I couldn't be bothered to take the bus.

**

After that walk, I finally arrived at Sebastian's house. It was a bit bigger than mine and was painted white on the outside. The house looked really nice and new. I haven't actually been to his house before, but Sebastian has given me his address from the last times I've met up with him.

I walked up to the front door and rung the door bell. No answer. I rung it again and I heard the door being unlatched and then slowly opening. I couldn't clearly see, what I thought was, Sebastian's mum's face but I started talking before she even said anything.

"Oh Hi, I'm Sebastian's friend, Louise. Me and him arranged to meet today and I'm wondering if-"

"I'm sorry Louise, but now is not that time."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Was it something I said or..?"

"No, no." I heard her sniffling and then wiping her face. Was she crying?

"Wait you're Louise?" She said quietly.

"Yeah, um where's Seb..?" I wondered.

"Would you like to come inside, sweetie?"

"Um, sure, okay" I thought this was really strange.

"Please, sit" she offered.

"I'm afraid, today is not the day. And I'm surprised you haven't heard yet.." Sebastian's mum started to cry.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay? Would you like me to get anything for you?" I was determined to get up from my seat and get her something.

"No, Louise, it's fine. I'm just surprised you haven't heard." She faded.

"About what?" I was confused.

Her mouth was trembling at this point.

"S-Sebastian.. He.." Sebastian's mum was balling her eyes out but then took a deep breath.

"He.. He died yesterday evening. After school. He got hit by a very fast car that was turning round the corner."

I froze.

Everything in my whole entire body, stopped. I felt my eyes burning up and my face going red and puffy.

This can't be. He couldn't of. The only person I actually felt properly safe with, was dead.

I slowly got up, and turned to the front door and walked out. I couldn't even speak, no words came out of my mouth. I couldn't even speak to Sebastian's mum as I walked out.

I couldn't bare my emotions being kept in, I let it all out. Streams and streams of tears came running down my cheeks which smudged all my makeup. But of course I didn't care. I started sprinting home. Carrying my legs across the pavements and not looking where I was going. I just couldn't cope with it. I couldn't cope with any of this. My mind was going mental, I couldn't think straight.

Died. That word. Just gives me the shivers. It's a horrible, depressed word. And I couldn't believe, the boy, the boy I actually had feelings for and was going to make memory after memory with him. Is dead. Gone. Forever.

I thought my last couple of weeks went pretty bad, but today.. Today was just, unbelievable.

I stopped in the middle of the pavement that I was continuously running on. I closed my eyes said out loud,

"This has to be a really bad nightmare, this has to be a really bad nightmare" I repeated this over and over again.

I slowly opened my eyes but couldn't see anything as I've been crying so much. It was just a big blur.

I put my head in my hands and cried. I didn't know what to do now. I didn't know whether to go home or not. Thoughts ran through my head, making me feel like I was about to fall on the floor.

"Louise..?" I heard a voice say.

I gradually lifted my head from my hands and then wiped my face with my jacket and opened them.

"Shawn, er" I said sniffling.

"Oh my god are you okay?" He said in a worried voice.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" I lied, wiping more tears that were staining my cheeks.

"No you're not fine, Louise. Listen, I can't stop thinking about you. You are literally driving me crazy at the moment. I just can't bare not being with you anymore. And I know what I did was wrong and I don't know what went through my he-"

"Sebastian's died. He's gone. I don't know what to do now. And I feel like I just need some space at the moment because I need time to think about things. Okay?"

"I am so sorry. Oh my god, this is all my fault. What the actual hell is wrong with me."

"Shawn, it's not you're fault. It's the person who was driving the cars fault. They didn't see him turn the corner and neither did Seb."

*******************

OKAY GUYS SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER?

don't forget to vote comment and like if you wanna :)

Follow my Twitter @MiddayMendes x