Twenty Eight: Real Life

Over the course of five days, Eloise had managed to have somehow upset Joe and get back together with her ex-boyfriend. Axel and Eloise had been talking nonstop since he agreed to come to Georgia. Joe had been really off but still agreed to go to the airport with her anyway. They were in the car in an awkward silence.

"Are you angry at me?" She asked when they came to a stop.

"Why would you think that?" He asked in a snappy tone. "Sorry."

"I don't know, we haven't really hung out this week, like at all." She shrugged.

"I've been busy." He said with no expression.

"Moping in your trailer?"

"Where are they?" He asked when they arrived.

"You are not avoiding this conversation, I miss you." She told him. "They're in the very last terminal."

The two got out and went to look for Axel and Candy. The blonde pulled her cardigan right around her as she waited for the two.

"There's my girl!" Candy shouted.

Elle ran towards them and hugged them tightly. After she let go Axel pulled her in for a kiss.

"Hey." She smiled when they pulled away.

"Hey." He smiled back.

"My love." Candy hugged her again.

"Guys I would like you to meet the one and only Joe Keery." Elle introduced them all.

"Wow, I love your hair." Candy gushed.

"Nice to finally meet you." Axel shook his hand.

"Likewise, and Candy I am your biggest fan, sign my forehead." Joe laughed.

"Aw, all of my favorite people are here." Elle smiled to herself.

Joe and Candy walked in front to get to the car, leaving Axel and Elle behind.

"I have missed you," Axel told her before kissing her cheek.

"I missed you too."

"I'm glad we decided to give this, us, another try." Axel was extremely happy at the moment.

"I am too babe, I mean this was my idea." She boasted.

"Hey, mister and misses slowpoke!" Joe yelled.

Axel kissed Elle and Joe rolled his eyes. Candy took notice of this and chuckled.

"What?" Joe asked.

"You're turning green with envy." Candy told him.

"What?" Joe asked her like she was crazy.

"If you would've rolled your eyes any harder I think they would've gotten stuck." Candy smirked.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Joe shrugged.

"I know you like her, like a lot. She likes you too, I don't know why she got back together with him. I mean yes, he's her ex and all but I don't think they're gonna last long. You didn't hear it from me but I think it's mainly a sexual thing, they've been sending cheeky me-" Joe cut her off.

"I thought she and I were on the same page, we were all touchy and flirty, and then she tells me they're together again? I really don't want to hear about their sexy messages. Thanks for the encouragement though." Joe told her.

"I'll talk to her. If there is one thing I know is that my best friend gets very talkative when we have a couple glasses of rosé." Candy gave him another smirk.

"I have to pretend that I'm not upset now that you guys are here, but I am an actor so this should be easy."

"Come by our room later we'll all have some wine!" Candy exclaimed.

"I'll think about it." Joe told her with a smile.