Sixty Seven: Real Life

When they got back from Paris, everything went back to how it was before. Joe would rarely see Eloise because of work, friends or god knows what. He was losing it, jealously and insecurity at an all time high.

"Come on, pick up." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"This is Elle Sworn! Sorry I couldn't reach the phone, please leave your name and message at the beep!" Her voicemail piped in.

"That was the most I've heard your voice all week." He sighed. "Call me back please." He hung up the phone and let out a frustrated groan.

He picked up his phone again and called Gaten, he was supposed to be filming with Elle.

"Hey Joe." Gaten answered.

"Hey, you're filming with Elle today, right?" Joe asked with a shaky voice.

"Just finished up early actually, me and Finn are gonna go get ice cream. Why? What's up?"

"She hasn't answered me, thanks Gaten, I'll see you later this week." Joe hung up.

Candy!

"Ugh, what does satan want now?" Candy said with sarcasm.

"Have you talked to our woman?" Joe walked into the living room.

"Yeah, I talked to her this morning."

"How was she? How did she sound?" Joe asked anxiously.

"What do you mean? You live with her?"

"She's barely looked at me since we've gotten back. I see her in the morning when she leaves but all I get is a smile and a kiss on the cheek. No words." He rambled.

"She hasn't said anything about you, she seems fine to me. Just talk to her. Sometimes when things get too serious it's one step forward two steps back with her." Candy told him honestly.

"I hate this, if she really has an issue, why can't she just talk to me about it?" Joe sighed and pulled at the roots of his hair.

"You have to initiate it, she loves you so she'll listen. Be very patient and understanding." Candy told him softly.

"I am both of those things already. I've been very patient, I haven't seen her in going on four weeks. She doesn't even return my calls and texts. I'm trying to be understanding but I'm her boyfriend, I matter too right?" Joe sounded sad.

"You do to me!" Charlie shouted in the back.

"Love ya bud." Joe smiled.

The locks on the door started turning.

"I'll talk to you later." He moved the phone from his ear.

"Wait-" He hung up.

Elle walked in and was rummaging through her purse. She walked past Joe and into the bedroom. Joe scoffed and followed her, Candy's words in the back of his head. But he couldn't help it, he had to lash out.

"Really?" He said standing in the doorway, she turned her head to look at him as she looked through her drawers. "You didn't even look at me."

"Have you seen my yellow top, the long sleeve?" She ignored him and kept looking.

"Elle?" He called her, Nothing. "Elle!" Still nothing. "Eloise!" He yelled in frustration.

That caught her attention, he would rarely call her by her actual name.

"Did I say or do something?" Joe asked.

"I can't find that shirt anywhere." She said with her hands on her hips.

"You know what?" He scoffed and turned around. "Fuck this, probably won't see you tonight, might not answer any calls." He slipped his shoes on. "Not like you'd fucking call me anyway." He grabbed his keys and wallet and slammed the door behind him.