Lost But Not Dead

By UnknownError13

@UnknownError13

Lost But Not Dead.

*3 days after Princess Elizabeth's disappearance*

My daughter. My beautiful baby girl, gone within seconds.

I miss her. We all miss her. Danny especially.

I remember the one time when she took us to her favourite hill, a few hours before she was gone. She would tell us about what she and her siblings would've done that day.

If I knew that was the last time I would've possibly have saw her, I'd squeeze her tight. I'd tell her I love her. I would've made sure it was myself that was took, not my baby.

Tomorrow is the day when we announce that she is dead. We all announce that we weren't fast enough.

We would announce lies.

We hadn't found her. Although we didn't know if she we're dead or not. We didn't want our villages worrying, feeling unsafe.

I wish I could do more, but the guards are doing as much as they can. Police are still looking. My husband and two oldest children are out looking.

But I'm scared. Scared that this is just the beginning. Scared I'll never see my daughter laughing with Danny. I'm scared that everyone will go missing.

***

I love how you have written about an event before the story was set. It's really interesting showing the queens fear, as most people seem to think that the queen is strong and never scared. But this makes her character much more relatable.

It's very well written, with very few mistakes. A great entry!