Chapter 6

Flashback Continued

It's been two days since I found the battered and bruised hybrid. No one knows who he is because he's not in the system. I may not know who he is but I'm still worried about him. Jin says he should awake any day now since his vitals seem stable and most of his injuries are healed.

I haven't eaten in a few hours so I decided to get some food. I came back and heard noises on the other side of the door. I opened it to see the hybrid standing up coming out of the bathroom. I was frozen and I didn't know what to do.

"Ha, I remember you!  You're the one who found me",  the hybrid started jumping up and down, which I found odd because he just came out of a slight coma.

I awkwardly giggled and told him I would call the nurse in. The hybrid was just smiling at me and it was actually pretty adorable.

"My names Hoseok. What's your name?", he asked walking up to me with a puzzled look. "Uh, I'm
Y/N", I smiled at the happy hybrid. "Ohhh, I really like that name.  Y/N. Has a nice ring to it", he put his hands into the air and it looked like he was making an imaginary rainbow.

I laughed at how energetic he was. I could already tell we were gonna be good friends.

Later on I took Hoseok home with me since he said he didn't have anywhere to go. He opened up to me quickly telling me about his horrible life.

When he was just a new born, he was sold into a slave farm where they held hybrids do the deeds that humans didn't want to do themselves.

At first Hoseok was just a regular servant; working on the farm, cleaning the house, tending to the animals, but when he turned 14 he was sold to another slave keeper. She was ten times worse.

The first day he got there, his owner beat him with a belt for 3 hours straight, to see "if he was tough enough for the job", he told me. She did awful things to him and the other hybrids she had for 5 more years.

He showed me the scars she gave him. Cuts on his back from the times she beat him with a belt or a stick. The cuts in his arm from a broken beer bottle that was thrown at him for not cleaning the pool properly. The deep gash he had in his leg from her digging her nail into his thigh just because.

I cried the entire time he told me his life story. When he turned 20, he got the chance to escape from that treacherous place. He felt ashamed for leaving the other hybrids there, and he beat himself up every day for it, but the streets weren't that much better.

Every day was a struggle to get food and somewhere to sleep. The fight for territory left him constantly beat. But he always managed to keep a smile on his face. He told me that what was the point of being sad all the time. He knew that one day he was gonna find someone to love him and take care of him.

Mine and Hoseok's relationship only became stronger. He told me I was like an awesome big sister even though he was older than me. After 3 months of Hoseok staying with me, I decided to adopt him.

Even though I didn't want it to be like I owned him and he was my property, not everyone was so open minded to hybrid rights. Although he knew that I didn't want a relationship where I owned him, he also knew that if something were to happen, people would know who he belonged to.

Hoseok was like the best friend I never had, and his smile could make me happy no matter what mood I was in. I even gave him a cure nickname Hobi. I thought it fit him perfectly. Hobi made my world happy, he was the brother I'd always wanted.

______________________________
Tomorrow I'll be posting another chapter and trust me, there will be a lot of Yoongi😏 I mean a lot. Like,
Vote, Comment, and Share