shop your heart out?

" So here we are!" Anne squeals excited.
"Am going to look for Bert. He said he would be here waiting for me. I will meet you guys at Maisie's in ten minutes. Shop your hearts out!"
And like that she disappears into the crowd. I want to scream." Take me with you. ". But its too late. When I turn round to mum. She's already gone. I guess she feels the same way too. I look around and see her heading into a shoe shop a few metres from me. Now what am I going to do on my own. I  fish my phone out from the pockets of my black leather jacket and check the time .9 minutes left.  I decide to go and get a present for Anne .
After all  it is an anniversary dinner and we need gifts. Don't we?
I walk into a gift shop opposite the one mum went into. Its some kind of antique shop. The wooden shelves are filled with watches, clocks,vases,jars, ....I walk around aimlessly for a while before I stop in front of a shelf with dream catchers. Anne always liked these. She used to have one above her bed in our room. Of course its still there but only because she left it for me because I needed it more than she did, at least now . Since I'm the one with the nightmares. I pick out two. One for Anne , the other for her baby . That's of course for when she actually has one . She has been acting pretty funny lately. I smile at the thought of having a little niece or nephew.
" uhmm..can I help you , Miss?" Someone's voice obtrudes into my thoughts and I almost drop one of the dream catchers but luckily he catches it before it hits the ground .
"I am sorry. I must have startled you." He says but I remain silent. Why is he apologising. I should be the one apologising. I remain silent and take a few steps back as his Cologne fills my head. What is wrong with me. He smiles and all I think is oh shit! His  grey eyes hold mine for a fraction of a second before I break our stare.
" You're not going to say anything . Are you? "
I hold out my hands for the dream catcher and he chuckles before handing it over to me. I whirl on my heel and head for the counter. He must think I am a wierdo but I don't care . I prefer it that way. I am not looking for attention or anything and I prefer to remain unnoticed. I stand at the counter and wait patiently for the cashier. Surprisingly , Superman steps behind the counter. He however doesn't say a word. There is only amusement in his eyes and a gorgeous smirk plastered to his mouth. He writes my bill done on a paper and shoves it across the counter . What is he doing? A smile for some reason plays at my lips . 50 bucks. I place the money on the paper and push it towards him. He picks up the money and writes a neat "thanks ,
         Beautiful smile ,by the way. "
And I can't help but smile. I pick up my bag and walk out. Turning back to find him smiling at me again. My heart skips a beat. What's up with me ! I continue walking and his words come along with me.
Beautiful smile ,by the way.