On my own

The woods are supposed to be my solace but right now I was down right scared. Another howl and I almost trip over a twig . I stare at the wet cold grass entwined around my bare feet and sigh.
It's only a twig Sam .
I tell myself as I continue my journey . I have never been to this side of the words before so it would be an understatement to say that I am lost .
"Come here,Sam ."
"Come..."
I freeze as the wind blows past me. Is it just me or am I hearing sounds.
"I have been waiting for you. Come."
I break into a ran again when I see a shadow cast itself on a tree trunk before me. The wind's velocity picks up and I ran faster.
"Come to me. You can ran but you can't hide. I will find you. Come."
I trip as I look around for who it is . A scream cuts through the air and I sit still until I realise that it was mine. I stare at the twig that caught my feet and jump up in relief . The words keep coming.
"Come to me. "
"No!" I yell back coming to the edge of a cliff. I stop and look around me. The shadow is to my left and it keeps getting closer. I close my eyes and fall back.
My dad once told me that if you shut your eyes tight
enough ,you never got to feel the pain. I only hoped it was right. I always wondered what death would feel like . Something told me I was about to find out .
Something grabs me and my eyes fly open  when I hear it say,
"Got her!"
Sebastian?His arms are wrapped tightly round me and he feels excessively warm and his floating...
Wait his floating !!?? My mind finally registers what's going on fully and I shift frantically in his arms trying to see why ? This is not supposed to happen . I mean gravity forbids it.
"Look sexy, I know am hot but if you enjoy checking me out this much I think you should do it when I am not trying to save both our lives. Trust me it will be more enjoyable for the both of us ."  I am in too much awe to react.
"Where's Raphael?" I ask as we soar to a safe landing in a small clearing  beside a tree.
"Right over there ." he states pointing up  to a figure who is practically glowing as much as a star does. I gape at him . His hair's no longer brown but white . Large white wings are attached to his back flapping graciously around him .   I watch huddled up between Sebastian's Grey wings as he raises his right hand above him and the clouds gather . Each fluff is saturated with electricity and sparks bouncing off each other . A lightning bolt flies into his grip as he glares down at the dark figure standing on the ground . Its eyes are white and glowing like diamonds.
"Now now brother . No need to get so angry." The shadow chuckles. His laugh rumbles through out the area and I can feel him next to me. I shiver lightly and Sebastian's wings instinctively tighten around me .
"Show yourself Ulysses !" Raphael barks.
"I only want a peak at our mate." Ulysses replies.
"Keep her out of it!" Raphael replies getting increasingly agitated.
"As you wish but we shall meet again brother . And I will not show mercy then . She will be mine. " The dark force drawls fading off into the trees in a thick smog of black gas. Raphael lets go of the bolt after a few more minutes of waiting and descends .  I watch him glide effortlessly through the air like he has done it for decades. He lands before Sebastian and I. Sebastian withdraws his wings and Raphael is left starring down at me angrily.
"Where the hell is the bracelet I gave you?" He demands .
"At home. I took it off." I squeak hardly able to find a voice to say anything back. I don't know this side of him. He chuckles mockingly and the groans.
"You took it off? You took it off." He repeats my words as though he is forcing them to sink it .
"You hear that Sebastian! She took it off. Who gave you permission to do that ?!" He barks at me and I jump a bit startled .
" May be if you would stop shouting at me I could explain."
"And what does that do for me huh?"I stay silent .What does it do for him? I gaze at him in disbelief as tears fill my eyes.
" Nothing."I swallow the bile in my throat as that word falls out from between my lips. He exhales rapidly trying to calm down.
" Let's go ,Sebastian." He orders.
"This way Sam ." Sebastian ushers me to a path on my right. We walk in silence for a while with only the sound of the river close by between us .
"He isn't always like that ." Sebastian finally breaks the silence nudging his head towards Raphael who is a kilometre ahead of us  .                                       "You don't say," I sarcastically remark. Raphael grunts . Sebastian kinda guesses I am not willing to fuel the conversation further  and he doesn't push further.
"He doesn't have to be so angry." I exhale after a couple of minutes.
"He isn't angry princess. Just ticked off." Sebastian retaliates amused . I don't know how he can of all people can find this amusing .
Cut  him some slack ,Sammy. After all he is an angel. Like literally. I think to myself . It doesn't get stranger than this .
Raphael grunts again .
"Can he hear us?" I glance at Sebastian.
"Loud and clear." Is  Sebastian's reply. So that's why  he was grunting . I smile to myself .
Congratulations Samantha Rivers you actually got to Superman.
We keep walking.