Labrynth

" Where are we going ? " I ask Ulysses . I am freshly showered and in a white button down blouse tucked into a pair of denim jeans while he at struts  around shirtless which to say the least is very distracting .

" You'll see." he answers for the a hundredth time . We turn down the hall and suddenly I am alone .
"Ulysses?" I call out .
Nothing .
The cold breeze of the castle blows over my skin and I shiver lightly .
"Ulysses!" I shout getting a bit scared .
He is the devil but you spent the night in his bed .He wouldn't hurt you .
My mind speaks to me but another part of me remembers something that he once said to me .
What if I wake up one day and decide i want you dead ?
I gulp nervously now totally mortified from the possibility that he actually could hurt me .
I turn around as another gust of the ice cold wind blows past me . I gasp when a portrait slides off the wall and crushes down on the floor . Starring at it for the moment I realise that the glass shards are scattered all over the floor with their teeth digging into the ground . Its strange because broken glass lies on a surface unless its stuck to flesh..

I am not given any more time to think because the glass pieces start to rise up above me until I am trapped in between them forming a labyrinth . I can see my reflection all around me and someone else .

Hades.

"Well surprise surprise. I must say it is a pleasure to see you again . Its just unfortunate that you are alone this time ? Where is lover boy ? " he chuckles darkly amused and I have a bad feeling that Hades wants to kill me and he has chained Ulysses somewhere .

"I should be asking you that instead . Where . is .my .mate. Hades ?" I challenge him

" See I don't give a fuck if you are a god and the god of death for that matter .I will kill you if you hurt him ."
I have no idea where that anger comes from  but  I am breathing heavily and my fingers are clenched and I realise that I am threatening a man who is the ruler of the underworld . The man who possibly could have been the one who took away my father and now wants to take away my mate .I get even angrier .I have lost one love already _I am not going to lose another .

His laughter snaps me back to reality and I realise that he is mocking me and especially my ability to save my mate. The one person made especially for me, and I lose it . I ran towards him and he smirks before sending a shard of glass flying at me . I manage to dodge the first one landing on my butt at a distance and everything hurts instantly but I have to stay focused so I push the pain to the back of my mind for Ulysses's sake and get up wincing a bit.
"Not so strong now are we ? Who do you think you are you flimsy Human to threaten  a god .One of the originals .A royal .And to try and steal Ulysses from me...!"

I yell back at him .He is shaking with anger and I can see his skin peeling slightly to reveal his real nature.  The lava underneath his skin is screaming at me to stop but I am not going to ran .I made a vow to him. To die with him and die for him and if he is dead then I believe I will be with him in the after life . 

"He is mine! Not yours ! Not anybody else 's and if you loved him so much then why did you turn him so dark that he couldn't sleep for years ? If you love someone you want them to be rested and happy not deranged with spite and anger Hades !" I scream tears welling behind my eye lids on thinking of what he did to my poor mate who believes there is no hope for his soul but I was going to prove them wrong .I was going to save my mate .

"Everyone has a different way to love stupid girl. Can't you see that if he was all dark like me he would have no place with you and his soul would linger with me forever because everyone would reject him ...everyone had rejected him until you came along." He shouts the last words and more glass comes flying at me .This time I can't dodge them all and a feel slits my arm and my shoulder . Blood starts to drip off me and Hades steps back.
Wait what ?

I take a few steps  toward him but he screams at me to stop .
Then by instinct I splash some of my blood on the mirrors around me and for some reason my reflexion morphs into five other replicas of myself .He seems as shocked as I am but my shock dissipates quickly as I advance towards him .

"Where is he?"
I growl at him .He stands there looking at me as if he is seeing me for the first time .
" You! You ....you have the seal ..the combined seal of all the originals ...you are the end ." He cowers .

"Where hades ? Or I will splash this blood all over you and you will burn to death ."

I can think about his words later. Now I just need to push a little harder .
He exhales and opening a portal disappears into it
leaving me in the hall again with Ulysses lying before him in chains and brutally beaten . My breath hitches in my throat .

" Ulysses! " I gasp running to his side but I know I can't touch him right now and my blood would probably harm him but there is nothing else I can do . I just can't watch him die so I drop to my knees and cry besides him . I can't lose him .
" if anyone is watching over me from above . Please save him .Show me what to do ." I plead

A bright light emerges and before me stands woman with a gold wreath on her head .She smiles at me and hands me a dagger .I jump to  my feet and grab it desperately.

"Little one .A cut on your palms . Drops running down his throat . A cut on his palm. Drops running down your throat . A blood pact to save a life and to finish a secret bond .We will support and help you
because your courage and heart have won our affection ."

I didn't think .Just do what she asked me to do and the moment his blood came face to face with my mouth it tried to retreat .I held his palm and bit down a little then sucked while squeezing my palm at his lips and watching him gage and fight it but after sometime he laid still and I just sat there weaker than I have ever been .She was still there then she walked towards me .Her light still blinding me and she touch my neck giving me relief and energy .

"You can touch him now .His fire will no longer hurt you .It is safely contained in his veins .He will have control over it as a weapon . He is now the lord of the flames ."

I watched her disappear with her last words and I scouted next to my love as he coughed lightly .He was not so pale anymore . His blew eyes flashed open and I saw a royal blue I had never seen before and then I smiled as the darkness took over me
The sequel to this book will be out soon
Its called Lord of the flames
Thank you for supporting me
Please vote and read