Drained

The air inside my new room is warm . I sigh in gratitude at how much I missed the warmth . Ever since that night at my house I am freaked out by cold places. I groan because I used to love winter .Flopping onto my bed after a shower I allow my mind to wonder . Anne's excited face flows intoy memory when I think of her marriage .The gown that I never got to see being fitted on her, Albert in his tux, mum actually crying ....why would she cry ? Her favourite child is getting married. Why wouldn't she . I wonder how they are doing ?Are they really safe ? Where on earth are they ? Then my line of thought changes back to Seth .His smouldering grey eyes , His rough hands, that smart mouth and for some reason I find myself smiling .I don't know if he can tell what I am feeling right now but I know he is thinking of me too because of a certain connection that we share .
After practice I didn't see him again and so I spent the day with Sebastian stuffing myself with Jean's cookies. Nothing beat them for me .Sebastian suggested we go shopping and so we drove into town and I managed to pick out a few outfits to take me on at least until I got back to the house but I was pretty sure that wasn't going to be anytime soon . Come to think of it I didn't want to go back to live in that house with sad stories and no body would miss me because I never had fitted in anyway . I had been the outcast .Never bullied and never recognised anyway so why go back?Why leave all this adventure behind to walk through those lonely streets again ?Why cry all night over the past and aching in my chest and yet I could just pretend it never happened?
I drift off to sleep .
*  *   *  *  *
The room is dark. But this  time I know where I am . I am in Freya's room and she is  lying in bed but beside her stands Ulysses in all his glory .
"No!" I scream but he doesn't hear me .He strokes her cheek lightly and she stairs in her sleep and then suddenly he slips the sheets off her and gets on top of her wrapping her legs around her.
"No!Stop it!Stop!" I scream louder. But I can't move no matter how hard I try . Tears roll down my face as he thrusts into her. She doesn't retaliate. Doesn't wake up and he moans going faster as a laugh sneaks out from between his lips .
"Freya..." I whimper finally being able to move but the moment I get there its no longer Ulysses on top of her but a skeleton. The bed is covered in Freya's blood and there is so much sand all over the sheets that I can hardly see her feet and arms. I reach out for her and a hand grabs mine and starts dragging me into the sand .I scream
*  *  *  *   *   *  *
I sit up gasping for air. My whole body is shaking and my pyjamas cling to my flesh . I notice the sad on my bed and jump off screaming .
"No!No!" Besides me lies Freya. She wakes up and the lights go on.
"Sam...what are you doing in my room?" I look around frantically before running out of her room. Why is he doing this to me? I ran faster as I hear someone running after me until I bump into someone's chest.I almost land on the floor except for the fact that there is a pillar that supports me .
"Sam?" Raphael asks sleepily. His hair is a mess.
"What's going on ?" He adds. I am about to answer when Freya says
"Yea?why were you in my room?" She looks genuinely concerned but I don't want to believe that so I say
"Stay away from me." She steps closer her voice dripping with worry.
"I said stay away or I will...." I look around me.
Noticing that I am in the hallway with a few railings and a balcony.
"I will jump." I add rushing towards it .My statement seems to wake them both up.
"Get Seth!" Raphael orders . I sit there calculating my steps .If I jumped I probably would die but it would be better right. It seems like hours until Seth comes running towards me .I lean further into the space behind me .The only thing stopping me from carrying out my threat is the pillar I am clinging  onto so desperately . He clenches his fists beside him. He is dressed only in a loose white T-shirt and pyjama shorts .
"Sam?" He calls me out softly . A tear rolls down my cheek.
"You know I won't hurt you right ?" He asks.
"Ye_ah but..but..she..Freya..no!" I lean further . Raphael heads downstairs.
"Forget about her. How about you and I just stay together . We can go away from here and you don't have to hurt anymore. We will run off some place where no body knows and Anne and Albert will be there ." Another tear. So he was listening to my thoughts .
"And you can annihilate my ego." I smile a little  at that .
"You do want that ,don't you?" I nod . "I don't want to be scared anymore ." I whisper.
"I'll protect you but you have to come to me." He sends out a hand to me. I contemplate taking it. Then I realise what next? After I don't jump .Who will I turn to?No one is here for me any more . My mate hates me.
"I don't !Stop thinking like that ."Seth speaks up firmly .
" I am hear for you and you know that ."
"But the jump won't be that long either ." I shut my eyes and before I know it. I am falling . Nothing ever felt so good .The wind in my hair. The sound of my heart beating fast but I am not scared anymore. I just want to see dad .Now I could .
"No!!!!" Seth yells and all of a sudden I am in his arms and we are soaring through the air. He holds me tightly as I sob . I am drained from fighting. 16 years of drama , of pain ...it gets to your head. I lean into him wrapping my arms around his neck. When I open my eyes the guilt washes over me. He looks so sad .
"I am sorry ." He whispers.
"What for?" I ask back.
"For not being there when you needed some one . When you needed me." His eyes drop .
"How were you to know?"
"I did know. I just chose not to act and that was the biggest mistake of my life." I realise now that we are standing at the centre of the living room. The circular red velvet carpet contrasting sharply with the dully lit room.
"Why didn't you come?" My voice breaks .
"I..I..wanted to protect you Sam? You are so fragile ....so innocent. I am not . I have killed people before . I have done many bad things."
" But you are not a bad person ." I watch him sit down on the carpet and wrap me in his arms so that I am looking directly into his eyes . His messy hair falls over his face.
"Are you kidding me?Ever since you got here I have been nothing but a jerk to you."
"That is true." I smile at him. He chuckles lightly .
"But I know you have a good heart although its buried way too deep beneath this stone like enclosure its there."
"Because you found it and brought it back to life."
I turn crimson and I don't have any idea how he notices but he does.
"And don't you ever try to take that away from me. Ever. " he repeats for emphasis . Although I know everyone is watching us I plant a small kiss on his chest and he shivers lightly . Now that makes my heart flutter .
"Let's get some sleep." He offers .
"Together right ?" He notices the panic in my tone.
"If you wanted to sleep with me you should have just asked." I roll my eyes at that as he gets off the floor and I know we are kinda back to being us.