something beautiful

Raphael has run off to God_knows_ where for a minute leaving me standing under a lamp stand a few blocks away from my house  . The busy streets are flooded with activity. Mr. Jenkins is closing his shop across from me. A kid rushes by me on his skate board followed by three of his friends. His blonde hair is flying wildly as the wind rushes over him forcing his dark blush shorts and green t_shirt to cling to him .
" I'm back!" Raphael announces and I turn my attention back to him.
"  It's uhmmm nothing." He shifts nervously on his feet one hand tucked behind his back and using the other to scratch the back of his neck. He his so innocent.
"Come on Raphael just show me." I plead as the streets start to clear .
"Well, Okay." He stammers as he pulls out the hand  that was hidden and opens it to reveal a beautiful silver bracelet. It is a charm bracelet with small statue of the Eiffel tower on it accompanied by a diamond heart and a dream catcher. I stare at it and back at him countless times.
"I'm sorry I can't take it."
"No, please take it. Please . I made it only for you. No one else is worthy of it . I wanted you to pick it up yesterday but then you never showed and I almost threw it away but then you came and...I didn't know if you would like it." I watch him rant. Throwing his hands in the air to animate his words.
"Are you crazy?" He pauses and gazes at me confused.
"I love it. It's nothing like I have ever seen . It is beautiful, Raphael." I squeal throwing my arms around him.
For a second he just stands there in disbelief and I savour in the feel of hugging him. My heart is beating rapidly and I don't know why but I like this feeling because it is something beautiful. It is simple and so normal. So old school.
I never believed it whenever Anne said I was old school but in this moment I was starting to see that .
" I know you may think it's too soon to be giving you gifts but I just need you to have it . In case you know you never want to see me again after tonight. " he tries to shrug .
"  Why wouldn't I want to see you again?" I ask pulling away from him. He is hesitant to let me go.
" I dunno. You don't seem to like my company ,"
"Correction. Any company at all. " I sigh. I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't want to see him again after tonight .
The next thirty minutes of our walk is in silence. I can hear him breathing lightly beside me and that for one reason or the other is enough for me.
"Well , here we are." I acknowledge our arrival at my house .
"Pretty secluded ," he concludes scanning our surroundings. We are pretty much out of town now . Yep that folks is the reason I don't bring any friends home. That and the fact that I don't really have any .
"  My mum and my dad found it a pretty ideal location to raise their beautiful children and who am I to complain ." I drawl sarcastically.
" You don't like it much .Am I correct?" He chuckles.
"No. And you know what else I don't like?" I narrow my eyes and pretend to be deep in thought.
"What?"
"The fact that you always seem to be right."
He laughs lightly.
"You are something ." he sighs.
"Something what?" I tease him a little .
"Something beautiful." He answers smiling down at me . My cheeks grow a lot redder than their natural pink colour.
"I ..." I start to say but he cuts me off.
" Ever wonder why I call you Bella?"
I shake my head noticing his eyes are fixed on the stars above us. I take the opportunity to study him. He is as tall as Sebastian but with a slightly better build . For his age he is wiser and more mature in thought . His eyes glimmer a bit under the twilight and I am not sure if that is even possible . May be I an hallucinating but it sure looks like there are a handle full of stars fitted in his blue irises.
He looks back at me  and I avert my eyes and look up at the stars myself.
" You are the most beautiful thing I have ever set my eyes on ,Samantha. And believe me I have lived a couple of years more than necessary ."  I glance back at him and his eyes are fixed on me . Clear as the sky on a summer day. Our eyes meet for a split second before the front door of my house flies open and mum comes out . He pulls me behind a tree. I am shocked at how fast his reflexes are.
"I had a great time , Bella .As much as I want to ask you to spend more time with me ...I would rather not push my luck." I laugh at that .
"I am free tomorrow actually .Same time." His eyes light up so much I swear I am almost blinded .But as I said .
I  may be just hallucinating.

"Same place." He adds.
"Same people ." I lay down my strategy. He smiles .
"Same old smiles ." He winks at me before flicking his head in the direction of the road.
" Now go. I will wait here till I am sure you are safely in the house."
"Not necessary ."
"Not ready to compromise when it comes to your safety,Bella."
I shake my heard in disbelief . He has got an iron will too. May be I could change the Nick name to iron man. Or may be not .I think as I walk towards the house not bothering to glance back. Because I can feel his eyes fixed on me .