The family.

The light streaming into the room from the window makes my eyes hurt. The room I am in is huge . Nothing like my old room at home .  My sheets are baby blue coupled up with a purple duvet .  There is a pike of clothes neatly folded on a chair opposite the mirror . I smile and lower my feet onto the ground in my attempt to wake up . I regret it the moment my feet touch the ground . 
"Ouch!!" I scream . A head peeps into the room .
"Are you okay ?" The girl asks . She is a redhead . I could mistake her hair for fire if I wasn't certain it was hair .
"To be honest ,no." I answer . She smiles at me as I lift my feet off the ground and walks over to get the first aid kit lying on a table next to my bed .
"I am Freya." She says. She should have been called fire .She is the most beautiful thing I have set my eyes on . He hair is tied up into a high ponytail but a few strands still fall over at the sides of her face . Her white sundress fits her perfectly .
"Sam." I reply . Freya heads into my bathroom and comes out with a pail of water and a white towel . Placing the items before me ,she gets down on her knees and pulls my feet gently into the pail . It stings immensely but only for a short while .
"So you are the famous Bella ,huh?" She snorts .
"What's with everyone and calling me that ?" I roll my eyes and cringe a bit as she whips the water off my feet .
"It's what Raphael used to call you when he didn't know your name ." she laughs.
"He used to talk about me ?"
"You can't blame him .It's how they all get once they meet their mates ."
"Wait. Their mates? I am his mate ?"
"Yea. Why do you think he gets so angry when your scared? He blames himself for not being able to protect you and if anything ever happened to you he would die ,Sam." She goes on applying spirit over my bruises . I winch .
"Sorry ." she sighs .
"I know yesterday you thought he was angry at you but he wasn't ." She says wrapping bandages on my left foot.
"If anything had happened to you ..." She starts off.
"But nothing he did . He over reacted . " The part of me that is still a little angry retorts .
But he made up for it last night.
Then it hits me .That's what it wall all about ? He was trying to make up for it. That jerk ass.
"You won't understand now until you are bonded . "
"Bonded?"
"Yes, its the ceremony that makes your relationship official . "
"What happens if we aren't bonded."
"You are free . But he will never find happiness . And if he dies or you die ..neither of you can bring each other back to life ."  I freeze .
"So have you been bonded?"
"Well I haven't found my mate again yet ." she stares down at her fingers working gently . He eye brows tightly knitted .
"Again?"
"He died before we could be bonded." She drops the bombshell and a tear rolls down her cheeks .
"I'm sorry ." I regret  asking immediately .
"I shouldn't have asked."
"It's alright. Really ." she tries to laugh it off like its no big deal but I can hear the pain behind her words .
"There all done . Should be Good as new in a few days ." She concludes jumping to her feet and picking up her tools . I watch her clear up in silence .
"Thank you ." I call out to her as she leaves my room.
"Don't mention it . Come down for breakfast though . The rest of them can't wait to meet you ."
"They aren't very patient are they?" I exhale unsure of myself .
"Can't say they are." She chuckles closing the door softly behind her . I try standing up again and surprisingly it doesn't hurt anymore . Slipping on the baby blue sweater , white short skirt and a pair of white flip-flops head down stairs .
The corridors are adorned with portraits of different people .People who I am sure had great stories in between these very walls . Was there one with a story like Raphael's and mine? One filled with complication? I walk past the faces and arrive at a room . Its large wooden doors are parted and I can hear the laughter drifting out of it . I inhale deeply before stepping in . The room grows silent the moment I walk in . 
"There she is ." A  tall blonde male announces. He looks no more than 35 . Beside him are four such males . All brown haired . I swallow uneasily .
"Come in,Bella." The blonde welcomes me . I flash then a small smile as I take in the room .The shelves align the room leaving the central space that's been nearly decorated with black leather seats .There are vases all around filled with roses . Someone must have       served them tea because of   the cups are still sitting on the table at the centre . I glance up at the balcony . Sebastian ,Raphael , Freya, another blonde female and  a brown haired boy are standing together .Behind them stands a row of glass windows . Raphael's eyes meet mine and he smiles  but I look away .His grip on the railings tighten .
"I'm  Arthur Trent ." The blonde introduces himself then proceeds to introduce his colleagues .
"That's Ricky ." he points to the first browned hair .
Ricky nods at me .
"That's  Reed." The one perched up on the couch smiles at me . I smile back .
"Howard ."  He calls out and the one seated next to Ricky waves .
" Seth." He calls out and Seth stands up and bows .
"Always the gentleman ." Arthur laughs .
"And up there is my son , Raphael also known as Jonathan .Who I am sure you have met . Freya, Sebastian ,Mark and Julia."
I don't bother looking up .
"My wife Jean isn't present . She and the rest of the ladies went on a small vacation but they will be here soon .She is ecstatic to meet you . " I smile . I think I like Arthur .So bubbly .
"That's enough dad ." Someone calls out .
I turn to see who has just walked in .Its a brown haired boy .He doesn't look too excited to see me .
"Don't I get an introduction ?" He asks . The joy drains out of Arthur's eyes.
"I never needed it anyway ." he smirks .
"The name's Seth. Heir to this mansion . You must be Bella ."  He drawls out in a far too agreeable manner .He takes my hand into his a places a kiss on it with his eyes fixed on Raphael. I can see the fire in Raphael's eyes .Why doesn't he say anything .
"Little brother aren't you going to welcome me ?"
He adds pretending to be hurt.
"You never needed anyone to welcome you but now that you ask .. I think I will.  " Raphael's tone is scary . The next thing I know he jumps down from his spot and he is standing between Seth and I . Both their breathing is laboured . What the hell is going on ?
"Enough boys !" Arthur orders .
"Tell him to leave ." Raphael orders .
"I am afraid he can't do that ,brother .  After all I am his flesh and blood too." Seth mocks him .   Raphael groans and something tells me this might get ugly if i don't do something .Think Sam.I step in front of Raphael .
"Can I talk to you in private please ? " I request . He hesitates for a while . I just need to get him out of here .
He exhales the moment I place my palms on his chest and push him back . His eyes drop to mine and I see a longing in them that I can't explain .
"Please." I whisper my plea. He possessively grabs my right hand and leads me away .
Seth laughs bitterly .
"That's it. Run like the coward you always been." Raphael pauses .
"Let's go, Raphael. He isn't worth it ." I speak up. He shuts his eyes and we resume our walk .