stare down

Anne walks ahead of me . Searching the crowd for mum .I spot her first seated at a bench at the far end of the mall from us but I don't bother say a word .
"Found her !" She yells waving at me .How did she get so far away from me ? I question myself noticing she is about two metres away from where I am standing .I nod at her clutching the bag with my shoes tighter to block the one with the dream catcher .
"You seriously should let me help you with that . " Anne states .
The crowd that's around us finally starts to clear out .
"I believe I am doing great ."
"And I believe that to be a marvellous and genuine lie ." someone else utters confidently . I look over my shoulders to see who it is and my breath hitches in my throat .SUPERMAN!
I open my mouth to say something but he beats me to it .
" What am I doing here ? Am I stalking you ? The answer is no ,Samantha ."
He states taking my bags .In his hold they look like a pile of papers..so light .I watch his biceps contract and a warm feeling washes over me .This is stupid .My mind cautions me but I am too dumb to listen .
"Ooh..Sam..who might this gentleman be ?"Anne tease me wiggling her eyebrows at me .I roll my eyes in frustration knowing she knows exactly who he is . But that's not the only reason . I sigh as we approach mum .Something tells me this will not end well.
" Good afternoon ma'am." Superman greets. Mum's silent for a while as she looks over at me .I stare down at my feet .She clears her throat then says
"Good afternoon, sonny."
Superman chuckles and my eyes snap back at him.
"For a moment there I was starting to think no one in this family speaks ." He sighs looking over at me . His eyes meet mine .
"Well I guess its only you then ,Bella." His eyes are beautiful like the ocean on a stormy evening . You know blue as the sky with taints of  green and for some reason they stare right into my soul. I swallow hard and shake my head to snap out of it. He sends me a crooked smile .Jerk. I mentally curse.
"Lunch anybody?" Anne states .
"Yea sure." I swallow nervously sitting down next to mum.
"I guess that's my cue to leave." Superman exhales.
"It was truly a pleasure meeting you all. I only wish I could have met her father as well. "  I don't look up .But I know he is gone when everyone turns to me. My mind is racing ? My father? Bella? His name? Too much to contain ...
"You should find out his name ." Anne states biting into her tuna sandwich. Honestly , I don't think I want to ever find out .I want to tell her but I don't.  My chest constricts as memories of dad flood my mind . He would given him my address and money to buy me flowers and probably threatened him never to hurt me . It reminds me of the first day Anne brought Albert home. He was only a geek . Barely 17 but smart and funny . At least funny enough to match dad's sense of humour. And Dad was seated by the fire place reading his book after dinner when he called Albert over from clearing the table. And he said,
" son you are a smart kid and you are going to make it big because you are a man . But it doesn't only take that strength to push you through. It takes my daughter's love too . So the day you trash her heart I will find you and crush you  to pulp. Do I make myself clear?"
By this point ,Albert's collar was in his palms.
"Yes,sir." Albert whispered. He was so scared he could barely speak.
"Good ,boy. Now go finish up and bring an old man a glass of water while you are at it if you don't mind ?"
I chuckle at the thought .
"Ahh Sam?" I hear Anne call my name and snap out of my reverie .
"This just came in for you."
I look for a while at her before my eyes drop down to the  white chit . Its neat squared outline stares back at me .
"Open it!" She squeals. And for some reason I do.
And it reads .
"Meet me at the shop tomorrow same time ?" I refold it neatly and glance back at Anne who is about to explode out of excitement .
"Well, what does it say silly!!" She practically screams. My gaze shifts over to mum who hasn't said a word since Superman stopped by .Quietly I hand her the chit and scramble to my feet grabbing my stuff.
"I'll be in the car when you are done ." I add before disappearing into the crowd. I need to see superman .

            *     *      *        *    *
The breeze is cool against my skin as I lean against the car .The air always felt good on my skin. It was like some kind of relief ,a sign that there was still something out there for me to live for .
"Didn't like  lover boy's little trick?"
Albert's voice drifts off to me as he leans against the car next to me.
"I guess not ." He adds when I don't say anything .
"Comm'on Sam which girl doesn't want to be chased after ?" He groans .
"Me."I solemnly state and walk away from him. I feel like I am going to run mad if anyone else keeps bugging me .
" Will you at least meet him?"He shouts over to me .
"I dunno." I shrug .I know Albert has the best intentions towards me but I would rather stay away from superman.Its for my own safety..or for what its worth the safety of my heart .Albert sighs as I walk away .I will just take a cab home .