19

[ a/n: hello peeps! don't forget to check out my other books "it boy", "subway" and "grim reaper" too! they are short stories! okie, enough with the self promotion. here comes a lame update. i am pretty sure you guys are so confused at the moment. so am i :'D ]

 *sorry, i just had to 😂😂😂*

• • •

{ Enigma }

You opened the bathroom door in daze and when you looked up, you saw Taehyung standing infront of you with anger written all over his face. "You lied to me", he gritted his teeth.

"Lied what?", you asked, not being affected by how dark and taunting he looked. "You went through my book shelf", he spat. "Oh", was all you said before walking pass him.

He held your wrist and spun you around, pinning you against the wall harshly. You just looked at him uninterestingly. "What?"

"The photo's with you, isn't?", he asked and you said, "Yeah, it's with me" Taehyung noticed how emotionless you looked at that moment.

"Why are you like this?", he asked and you looked up at him with confused eyes. "Why does she look like me?", you softly let out and his grip on your wrists loosened as he slowly released you.

"Why does she look like me, Taehyung?", you asked and his wide eyes were on you. Solely. "How would I know?", he responded.

"I don't know if I should be confused or heartbroken at the moment", your voice trembled as tears welled up in your eyes. "Knowing that all along, you were just seeing another person in me, I don't know if I should be confused about her identity or heartbroken because all your actions weren't meant for me"

"Minhee, I-", you pushed his hand away. "I need some time alone, Taehyung. I need a break from you", you said as your teary eyes met his confused ones. "Are you breaking up with me?", he asked.

"Yes", you uttered. "Okay", he said and your heart dropped.

'Aren't you going to stop me?'

You wiped away your tears and held up your hand for a handshake. "It was nice knowing you, Kim Taehyung", you managed to fake a smile even though your heart was cracking inside. He hesitantly shook hands with you. "It was nice knowing you too. Kang Minhee"

'This is it?'

You put on a huge fake smile for the last time. "Bye" You walked pass him as your shoulder brushed against his arm and exited his apartment. You dashed outside of the building and squatted down infront of the parking lot, crying out loud.

Everything is hurting you at this moment. You still couldn't accept the fact that he dated you just because you look like his dead ex-girlfriend.

'I don't care who it is, I wish someone would take me away. No, I just want to disappear forever'

You kept hitting your chest as the pain in your heart was suffocating you. "Minhee, is that you?", you heard a familiar pleasant voice and you stood up quickly as you wiped away your tears.

You turned around with a smile. "Ah. Seokjin-si. It's been a long time"

He noticed how wasted you looked. "Did something happen with Taehyung?", he asked in concern. You faked a wider smile, "nothing much! We just broke up. That's all to it"

His eyes widened a little at that but his gaze softened when he realized how hard you were trying to act okay. "You don't have to smile while your heart is breaking into pieces inside, you know"

"Hmm? What are you talking about? I am fine. I am perfectly fine. I am very happy indeed. I am not hurt at all. I really am-", your voice cracked as your tears betrayed you.

He stepped forward and you stepped backward. "Don't!", you paused for a moment as your breath hitched. "Console me", you finished off your sentence.

"But-"

"Please don't take standing up for me as a joke. Cause it actually fucking hurts when you find out a person's actions aren't sincere at all", you cut him off.

"My actions are sincere so will you allow me to console you?", he pleaded. "You shouldn't care. I am not your bestfriend. Taehyung is"

"But, I am responsible for my best friend's actions", he said. "Then, you are doing this out of sympathy", you snapped back and he went silent at your words.

"Then, can I just accompany you?", he smiled. "Accompany what?"

"Shall we go somewhere? Clubbing is the best way to heal a heartbreak, you know?", he suggested. That didn't sound like a bad idea to you. You nodded.

Just like that the two of you went to a club. You thought that he would take you to the club he works as a bartender; the one Taehyung took you to, but he took you to another one.

Both of you took your seats at the bar and Seokjin glanced at you. "What will you drink?", he asked. "I need fucking ten shots of vodka to make the pain inside my chest goes numb"

"Woah. Hold your horses! You'll get drunk!", he shrieked. "I don't care. Ten shots of vodka please", you ordered the bartender, ignoring Seokjin's warning.

Minutes later, the ordered drinks arrived. You emptied the first filling in one gulp and Seokjin stared at you with his wide eyes while sipping on an orange juice.

It tasted so bitter and it was burning your tongue and throat. But, you didn't care. You wanted to get drunk for tonight to forget the pain.

Before you took the next shot, you asked him, "You knew all along too, didn't you? That I look like her" Your sudden question caught him off guard.

"Ye-Yes", he stuttered and you gulped down your drink. "I am such a fool", you ran your fingers through your hair.

"I am curious about something, Minhee", Seokjin said, making you looked at him. "About?"

"Why do you love Taehyung so much?", he asked and you were kinda taken back by his question. "Why you ask", you shook your head with a sad smile, plastered on your lips.

"Because he's unpredictable?", you said and his brows jumped a little. "Unpredictable?", he repeated in confusion.

"Or maybe because he is too different from me. Maybe because he helped me overcome my trauma by making me feel beautiful. Maybe because- I don't know. I don't know why I am so attracted to him either. It's so confusing and frustrating. He's an enigma to me", you let out breathlessly as tears rolled down your cheeks.

"Minhee...", his voice softened.

"He's so sinful but, I guess I am also a sinner for loving him too much until my lungs would suffocate", you said as you placed your hand over your pained chest.

"It's so unfair. It's so unfair, Seokjin. I am willing to sacrifice everything for him but his heart belongs to a dead woman who looks like me", you broke into more tears and he pulled you into a hug.

"Minhee?", he called out while your face was buried in his chest. "Hmm?"

"Be my girlfriend"