31

[ a/n: i am sorry for not updating!! i was extremely busy the past few days ugh. i will make sure to make it up to you guys someday! i promise! i almost published this chapter with the title "despacito" -.- thank god i noticed my typo error geez ]

• • •

{ Desperation }

The wedding day came in a flash and it was basically your third day at Taehyung's father's resort in Jeju Island. The past few days, you were able to avoid Taehyung and him staying away from you helped you a lot too. But what's with this little bit of disappointment inside you?

You opened the door of the dressing room, revealing your mother who was sitting infront of a huge mirror, staring down at her flower bouquet. She seemed to be deep in thoughts that she didn't even notice your reflection in the mirror.

You cleared your throat, trying to catch her attention. "Hey mom. You look beautiful today", she glanced at your reflection in the mirror first before turning back to look at you with an excited smile.

"Ah! Minhee, you are here", she exclaimed and you chuckled at her excited form. "Hmm. Someone is extremely happy today~", you teasingly sang, earning a small chuckle from her.

"Teasing your mom, huh?", she made a face and you giggled at her words. "Congratulations mom", you sincerely said while staring at the beautiful lady in the mirror with a smile. "I hope you've finally found your happiness", you continued, reminiscing how much she had been through while raising you and you were such an ungrateful brat.

"I've found my happiness but I don't think you have, darling", her words caught you off guard. "Pardon?", you asked unsure, earning a sigh from her. "Come here", she gestured you to stand infront of the mirror, facing her.

She placed her bouquet on her lap and held both of your hands, giving them a light squeeze. She stared straight into your eyes as if she was trying to observe your hidden emotions and darkest secrets. You would be lying if you said you didn't feel like she was staring into your soul.

"Love?", she called out and you responded. "Yes?"

"You love Taehyung, don't you?", her words made your eyes fluttered open.

Silence~

'Get ahold of yourself Kang Minhee— No, Kim Minhee'

You faked laugh as you averted your gaze from her. "Mom, what are you saying? Seokjin is my boyfriend and plus, Taehyung is my stepbrother. Why would I love—"

"You do", she cut you off and you went silent by her bold statement. "And he does too", she finished off.

You let go of her hands, clenching your fists, trembling from anger. "He doesn't, mom. He loves Erin! He's just seeing her in me. I'll never fall for 'it' again"

Your mother's eyes widened hearing your sister's name. "Wait, What?", she asked in disbelief.

"Yes, mom. He dated her too. She's his ex", tears brimmed in your eyes as you painfully let out those words. "So, don't feel bad for me. The reason that he's becoming my stepbrother is more of a reason for me not to fall back for him again. Ever", you breathlessly said.

Your mother was extremely confused. She knew about the emotions between you and Taehyung but, what she thought was you were ignoring your feelings for Taehyung because of her marriage. She didn't know about the history between Taehyung and her other daughter.

Since you didn't want to make a scene on her special day, you decided to shrug it off. "Let's talk about this some other time, mom. It's your big day and I don't want you to think of anything or anyone, except for Mr Kim"