20

[ a/n: idk why i kept humming to that tomato song in the latest run ep lmao. its very catchy. and i spent my whole day watching compilation of taehyung's ethereal fan cams ajdjsjxjsjss he is soooo- heavenly and dreamy i cri i cri ]

• • •

{ A broken heart }

"Be my girlfriend"

As you heard that, you immediately distanced yourself from Seokjin and stared at him with wide eyes. "What?", you blurted in disbelief.

"You heard me", he smiled. You asked, "Are you drunk?" causing him to chuckle. "Minhee, how would I get drunk on orange juice?"

"Right", you averted your gaze. "So, what do you say?", he asked.

"Tell me ten good reasons why I should date you", you said and he laughed. "Really? Should I?" . You nodded.

He took a deep breath and started saying as he counted with his fingers,

"One, I am world wide handsome. Two, I am the definition of boyfriend material. Three, I am a great cook. Four, I am rich-"

"How are you rich? You work as a bartender", you cut him off and he rolled his eyes. "Just for fun. My father is the CEO of Kim incorporated". Your mouth gaped open at that. "Kim incorporated?!", you shrieked and he nodded with a chuckle. "Yes"

"Unbelievable but eh. Go on",you shrugged. "Five, I'll treat you right. Six, I am a good chef. Seven, you'll never get bored because I have a good sense of humor"

"A good sense of humor?"

"Yes. I am the king of Dad jokes", he said proudly. "Try", you said. He stretched out his hands and cleared his throat. "Here we go" You were anticipating to hear what he was going to say.

"Do you know what the blanket said when it fell onto the floor?", he asked.

"No. What did it say?", you said with an amused face.

"Oh sheet!", he laughed with a rather strange voice. It sounded like someone wiping the window. You didn't laugh at his joke but instead, you laughed at his laughing sound.

"Oh my god. Thank you for laughing. My friends never find my jokes funny", he said and you wanted to admit the truth but you didn't want to hurt his feelings. "No problem"

"Okay. So eight, you'll be the luckiest girl alive. nine, I have pacific shoulders. And ten, i liked you first". Your smile fell at that.

"Eh?"

"Actually Minhee, I knew you even before Taehyung transferred to our university. I was always keeping an eye on you. But, you never noticed me because you were too busy studying and I never had the guts to approach you", he confessed.

"Seokjin... I didn't know", you softly uttered. "That's alright. At least you know now", he smiled. You didn't know how to respond to all of that. It was so sudden.

"Do you want to try dating me? We can stop, if you want", he suggested as he stared straight into your eyes. "And I will never hurt you"

'Can I trust him?'

'Will my broken heart be fixed by this man sitting infront of me?'

'What is it like to date someone who loves you?'

'Should I give it a try?'

"Imm", you nodded and he smiled very widely as he grabbed both of your hands in happiness. "Really?! You'll be my girlfriend?!"

"Yes", you smiled and he pulled you into a hug, catching you off guard. He noticed that you looked uncomfortable so, he released you.

"I am sorry. I am just too happy", he rubbed the back of his neck in awkwardness. "It's okay", you assured.

"I promise, Minhee. I will not touch you until you fall in love with me", he said and your eyes lit up. 'He is so considerate'

You wanted to ease the tension between the both of you so you teased, "Since you are my boyfriend now, if I get drunk after these ten shots of vodka, you are responsible for taking me back home, right?"

He rolled his eyes. "Of course"

You gulped down other glasses in a row and as expected, you got drunk. You weren't in your right mind.

Seokjin carried you all the way back to your dorm while carrying you on his back. "I told you I am not drunk yet! I can still drink more...", you whined.

"Okay okay whatever makes you happy", he said and you pouted. "Seokjin ah!", you called out while resting your chin on his shoulder. "Yeah?"

"My heart still hurts", you uttered and he went silent at your words. "Really?", was all he managed to say.

You nodded. "That stupid Kim Taehyung... why is he still yearning over his dead ex while I am perfect as fuck", you ranted cutely and he chuckled.

"Alright. Alright", he rang the doorbell of your dorm room. Soon, the door opened, revealing Yerin who was looking at Seokjin and you in surprise.

"Why is she like that?", she asked and Seokjin said, "She drank ten shots of vodka" making Yerin gasped. "That little hoe-", she shook her head. "Come on in, Seokjin sunbae"

Seokjin then entered inside and placed you on the living room couch. You groaned a little and turned to the other side, sleeping soundly.

"Seokjin, did something happen to her?", Yerin asked in worry.

"Uh... actually"

"Actually?"

"She and Taehyung broke up"

"Oh. Is that so...", Yerin trailed off. "No wonder she looks this wasted"

"Yeah..."

"Why were you with her though?", Yerin questioned.

"Because I am now her boyfriend", he said, causing Yerin to choke on her saliva. "What?!", she shrieked.

"Yeah... this is so sudden but, it happened"

Yerin squinted her eyes on your sleeping form. "This woman. I am so-", she took a deep breath as she didn't want to curse infront of her senior.

"Anyway, thanks for everything, Seokjin. I am sorry if my friend somehow troubled you", Yerin bowed.

"Yeah, she did but, it's okay. I don't really mind", he said and Yerin smiled.

"Now, I'll take my leave. Good night", Seokjin bowed and so did she. After Seokjin took his leave, Yerin locked the door and walked towards you who was sleeping so soundly on the couch.

She took her seat beside you and brushed her fingers through your hair. You muttered in your sleep, "Taehyung..." while tears streamed down your cheeks.

She frowned at the sight of this. She felt so bad for you and also, it frustrated her because she didn't know how to fix a broken heart.

"Why can't I see you being happy everyday, Minhee ah?"