oop

Sarada stared numbly at Boruto. His breathing was becoming shallow, and he was getting paler by the second. He had collapsed on the floor, but Sakura had quickly moved him to a room. They were currently trying to stop the bleeding. Sakura tied a strip of cloth over the boy's abdomen, using her medical ninjutsu to stabilize him, mending his skin and internal bleeding.

"Boruto." Sarada whispered, laying down on the bed beside her friend. Sakura had healed the wound as best as she could, but now it was up to Boruto to wake up from the coma by himself.

It wasn't looking good.

Hinata was in the room 24/7, feeling responsible for him. She was, technically, the child's biological mother. Naruto had just now picked up the now sleeping Hinata and taken her to his room to nap, then he said he was going to discuss strategy with Itachi and Kakashi.

When Naruto goes to work by himself, you know something is wrong. Sarada knew Naruto wasn't taking Boruto's situation well, he'd become quiet, and more worried.

Sakura seemed guilty, as if somehow this was her fault. Sakura does that a lot, blame herself for something she didn't do... It made Sarada sick.

Itachi was quieter too, and he wasn't talkative in the first place. It was like Boruto died and the sun was destroyed. Frankly, Sarada wasn't enjoying it.

"Hey, ursuratonkachi," She glared at the sleeping Boruto, "You're being an attention hog. Wake up already, āsshōle. You got both your mom and my mom worried over you. Now I can't even talk to them." She went her usual route, using sass to cover up her worry. It was sad, like she was talking to a corpse. Sarada shuddered, removing her head from that kind of thinking.

Boruto remained silent. Sarada suspected he would be like that for awhile, and that wasn't a comforting thought.

"And, I kind of miss you too." Sarada sighed. "It's too quiet over here. Don't tell anyone I said that, dobe, or I will kill you."

He was still quiet.

"Dammit, Boruto!" Sarada scowled at her friend. She was getting impatient, even though she knew there wasn't anything she could do. "Wake up! You're not allowed to just give up like that. You still have to do things! We have to get home, and you have to help me when I'm Hokage! You can't die yet."

Boruto seemed to be determined to annoy her. He still didn't reply.

"If you die, I'll kill you," Sarada threatened, desperately trying to keep her mood up. Boruto wouldn't want her to be all depressed like that. All of logic was against that statement, but it was true. She'd track him down and murder him a second time for leaving her alone here.

He'd say, "Oi, Sarada-chan! Stop moping! Hang out with your family! I'll be fine, believe it!"

Sarada groaned and stood up. "I hate you, you know what? Whatever, I'm coming back to check on you in 20 minutes. Be ready, I'm not gonna go easy on you if you still aren't awake. You really don't want hot ramen poured on you as you sleep, remember I know you hate it."

Sarada left the room. She was going to have a chat with her parents and Uncle Naruto, and they were going to tell her everything about the Akatsuki. Weaknesses, weapon types, chakra styles. If they sneezed a certain way, Sarada wanted to know about it.

《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》

Meanwhile, in the present:

"Chōchō, honey, have you seen Sarada or Boruto?" Sakura wandered over to her daughter's friend. Chōchō was talking to their other friend Shikadai and Inojin, munching on some snacks. The other guests were entertaining themselves, and the majority of the men were outside. "We need Sarada for the presents."