The Escape

Whoa... and to think this is one of the last chapters in this book...

I am so unprepared. What am I going to do after this is over?! *tears up*

WHAT?!?! Explain this to me, my people!!!

I had NO IDEA this book would get so far. Ever. This was just a dream of mine-- to make my own time travel book, arranging things so my heart wouldn't break so many times. And now I have 20k READS?! WHAT THE HECK?!

You are all so amazing. I'm probably going to repeat this stuff two chapters from now. Whatever, on with the story.

Btw, this one is probably going to be crap since I'm laying in my bed dying. I could possibly have strep throat, so my throat is on fire and whenever I try to talk, I sound like a dying frog.

ANYWAY!!!

《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》

Sasuke ran as quickly as possible without losing everyone else. This was the place they were going to meet-- Sarada and Itachi were coming to get the people from the future home. According to Itachi, that was top priority. The safety of the future was very important to him.

"Are we almost there?" Boruto asked, keeping up with Sasuke easily. He was clearly as jumpy as Sasuke if not more. Finally, Sarada would come home. Whether she liked it or not.

"Yeah." Sasuke looked at Boruto strangely.

Boruto inhaled sharply when Sasuke's gaze turned away. Sasuke was a very intimidating person, and Boruto was... close friends with his daughter.

"Is something wrong, Uncle Sasuke?" Boruto finally cleared his throat. "You've been giving me weird looks all the time."

"No, it's nothing." Sasuke shook his head and averted his gaze. "Nothing." He repeated. "Let's do this, huh?"

"Let's get Sarada back," Boruto nodded, "and go home. I'm missing Hima."

Sasuke nodded, and the two of them increased the pace. Everyone that lagged behind also picked up the pace. "We're getting closer." Sakura told Hinata. "I can feel it."

"I know." Hinata smiled. "Sarada is coming back."

《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》《¤》《▪》

"Why are we going to them already?" Sarada asked, impatiently. She and Itachi had broken out of the hideout a few hours ago. "I don't--" she sighed deeply and closed her eyes, her foot hitting a tree. "I don't think I'm ready to leave you yet. You still need me."

"Yeah." Itachi looked out at the trees, resisting the urge to sigh. It would only make Sarada feel worse. "I do."

"I didn't even get to say goodbye to the Hokage." Sarada wiped her eyes, feeling her pupils get hot. She knew she was going to start crying soon, but wanted to put it off as long as possible. "I'll never get to see Minato-ojii-sama again." She said, throat closing up.

"You'll get to see his son. And his grandson." Itachi looked back at Sarada. "At least Minato-jii isn't totally gone."

Sarada rubbed her temples. "I know. It's not the same though." There was a clearing up ahead, little specks she suspected were people were standing around. "Is that them?"