Chapter 1 - SisterZoned

"Sanvers with a Big S and Sanvers with a little s," the barista in the coffee shop said as she held up a take-out cup in each hand.

"Those are mine," Alex said as she stuffed a dollar into the tip jar and took the cups, "Thanks so much."

"Thank you," the barista replied.

As Alex turned, Maggie was just inches away, her eyes narrowed. "Really, Danvers? Little s?"

With a smirk, Alex held out one cup to her fiancée. "Sure, because you're little."

Maggie grumbled, hesitating, but taking the cup. "If I wasn't thirsty and tired, I'd make you get me a new coffee with my actual name on it."

"Awww, you're so cute when you're grumpy," Alex cooed, trying to pinch Maggie's cheek.

"Quit it," Maggie said, slapping the hand away.

"Sam!"

"Right here!" A woman responded to the barista.

Alex and Maggie both turned at the sound of the familiar voice, seeing Sam Arias taking her coffee, a tip given with a smile, and then turning to walk past them.

"Hey, Sam," Maggie said.

Sam stopped, slightly startled before a smile returned to her face. "Maggie, Alex. I didn't even see you two here. How are you?"

"I'm a little s," Maggie explained as she took a sip of her coffee and pointed at Alex. "She's a big S."

"I...I'm sorry, what did I miss?"

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Alex explained. "We're doing well. Wedding planning is making us a bit nuts. How's Ruby?"

"She's making me a bit nuts," Sam replied with a laugh. "Kids. Hey, um...how's your sister?"

"Kara?" Alex shrugged. "She's good."

"Okay." Frowning, Sam took a sip of her coffee.

"Something wrong?" Maggie asked.

"It's nothing," Sam replied. "It's just that...It's nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing."

Shaking her head at Maggie, Sam said, "I'm being silly. Maybe it's just my imagination but...hmmm"

Maggie and Alex exchanged glances, and the redhead leaned in a bit closer to the CFO and asked, "Your imagination about...Kara?"

Sam shrugged. "I mean, I don't know her that well. She and I worked together when Edge was trying to frame Lena for poisoning those kids, and we talked quite a bit. I got to observe her quite a bit. Oh, not in a creepy way. I'm a mom, so I need to know when my kid is trying to keep something from me. With Kara, I could tell she was hiding something, and I didn't try and pry, but she is not a good liar."

"Uhhhh..." Maggie took a quick sip of her coffee. "You know, Kara is pretty much an open book. She loves pop music, puppies, doughnuts, and reporting is her life. Yup, that's Kara Danvers in a nutshell. Nothing else to tell."

When Maggie elbowed her, Alex nodded. "Also she can't bake, she's a lousy driver, and a great singer. There, now you know everything there is to know about Kara. You can get an A+ in Kara Danvers 101."

"Well, that's not exactly everything, now is it ladies." Sam grinned.

"I...yes it is," Alex assured.

"So, you're saying it's my imagination?"

"Yes," Alex and Maggie said in unison.

Sam looked back and forth between the other two women and took another sip of coffee. "O-kay, if you say so. It's just...well, I guess if anyone would know, you would know, right Alex?"