Chapter 7 - I Have a Type

Alex opened the door to Lena's letting Maggie in. "Hey, thanks for coming over."

"No problem, babe." The detective looked around, letting out a long, slow whistle. "Okay, not too bad. So, this is how the other half lives?"

"Apparently," Alex replied, holding out her hand. "You got food?"

"Yeah." Maggie handed over the bag. "So, she can afford a TV that's the size of our living room wall but no food?"

Going into the kitchen, Alex pulled take-out containers out of the bag. "Maybe she spent all of her food money on the TV."

"Huh. Good point. Okay, so what am I doing here besides supplying food to you and the heiress?"

Checking inside the containers, Alex smiled when she found ribs. "Lena needs a friend, a confidant, and you are here to be that confidant."

"I am?"

Alex nodded. "You are." She packed the rest of the food back into the bag, handing it back to Maggie. "Lena is in something she calls the sunroom. Go bring her food, and play nicely. She likes me a little bit better than James, and a lot better than Kara, but she still isn't fond of me. I'm only allowed here because of the Serbian assassin. I spent about two hours talking her out of just getting her own protection."

"Ah." Maggie nodding, taking the bag and giving Alex a little kiss. "Okay, wish me luck."

"Good luck. I'm going to watch a movie in the living room and uh...you know, security stuff."

Shaking her head, Maggie said, "This is like a vacation for you, isn't it?"

Alex grinned. "It's for a good cause."

"J'onn is going to kill you if he finds out."

Alex tapped at her head. "M'gann won't let that happen. Now, go be Lena's friend, and put in a good word for Kara."

"I don't know, Alex. Something about this doesn't feel right."

"Think about movie nights here when they get together."

Slowly, Maggie nodded. "I'm starting to feel better about it. Okay, for the sake of true love, I'll go talk to Lena."

"Great, and I'll eat ribs and enjoy watching Carol on a 98-inch screen. Who knew they even made them that big."

"Which way is Lena?" Maggie asked. "This place is a bit bigger than our place."

"Oh, go past the dining room, turn left. Go straight. Heh, telling you to go straight. Anyway, go straight and you'll take another left. Second door on your right, that's the sunroom. It's right next to the pool."

Maggie smiled brightly. "Oh, cool, she has a pool table here?"

"Ah, yeah, she does, but that's on the second floor. This is the swimming pool, the indoor one. Just...later you and I can do a tour. We'll call it surveillance, okay?"

"There's a swimming pool in here? There are two swimming pools in here?" Maggie shook her head. "Yeah, Kara needs to piss or get off the pot already. Hot geniuses with swimming pools just don't wait around for you."

"Right? I mean, if it weren't for you..." Alex shrugged with a grin.

"Hey, if Kara can't close this deal, perhaps you and I should renegotiate the terms of this arrangement." When Alex glared, Maggie chuckled and backed out of the room, bag in hand. "Kidding...mostly. I'm going to bring my friend food. Enjoy your meat and giant TV."

"Mind your manners!"

Maggie made her way past the dining room and straight down until she hit a hallway that went left and right. She went left as directed. She continued down to the second door on the right, but knew she was in the correct place as soon as the interior walls turned to glass. The sunroom was filled with plants and had walls and a ceiling made completely of glass. There were several chairs within, and on one of them, Lena Luthor sat, her legs stretched out and laptop on a table just above her lap. The CEO was wearing a maroon MIT t-shirt, gray yoga pants, black glasses with thick frames, and her hair was up in a messy bun. When Maggie entered, Lena glanced in the detective's direction but immediately returned to typing.