Chapter 23

We walked back into the park and I was still confused about what just happened. I mean come on he just almost kissed me why I thought.

Okay so you ready to eat Matt asked once back at the picnic tables. I rolled my eyes but agreed to eat something. I ate one hot dog that was it i refused to eat more than that to Matt's annoyance.

The kids played a little longer and then it was time to head home. We got into the car and headed home Josh was staying for a couple days which would be weird sort of I thought.

Once back at the house I went to my room to clear my head. I was still thinking about that almost kiss it bugged me. They're was a knock on my door I jumped cause I was so lost in thought. Come in I said Matt walked in and closed the door behind him.

Listen I wanted to talk to you about something he said. He took a seat on my bed I was hoping he wanted to talk about almost kissing me. I know Josh staying here is going to be a little weird for you but just know you can come to Allie and I. Thanks I said it should be okay though he knows were just friends.

Okay but just come to us if you need too he said. He got up to leave then turned back to me. Listen don't tell anyone what almost happened in the woods he said. I wasn't planning to I said with a smile. He smiled back at me and then left my room. I laid back down on my bed and deeply sighed.

So now it's a secret our secret, what am I supposed to do now. So he wanted to kiss me why didn't he I thought as I drifted to sleep watching Nick at nite.

The next day Allie was sitting at the kitchen table looking through a magazine. Hey I said walking up to her , hey girly what's up she said looking up at me. Since I've dropped some weight I was wondering if you would take me shopping for some knew clothes I said.

I would love to she said way to excited. I have some money saved I said to her. Okay let me grab my keys she said walking into the living room. I waited for her return she came bouncing back into the room.

It was nice out today although it was slightly windy. We're expecting a little storm later according to the weather channel.

Okay Matt said he will watch the kids she said headed towards the door. We got into her red SUV it was there back up car used for big family trips or shopping. We got to the mall and she was like a kid in a candy store dragging me from store to store.

As we walked I noticed a store called country up. I went into the store and fell in love. The store smelled liked leather and boots. I found a few different flannels that I liked. Then I saw these cute light blue jeans boot cut of course.

I tried them on with a black leather belt. I grabbed a buckle as well it was a purple butterfly buckle. Oh my god I heard from behind me you look amazing in that Allie said.

Really I said with a smile, yes get it she said. I will I said and I also got a pair of boots which took the rest of my money. As I was paying I saw a beauitful horswshoe choker I wanted it but it was 30 bucks.

I put it back and paid for the rest of my stuff. After that I took my bags to the car. I was waiting for Allie because she told me she needed to grab something. When she got to the car she looked at me and smiled.

What's wrong I said looking at her kind of creeped out. Here she said reaching into her purse and handing me a box. I took it carefully and opened it. Oh my god it's the necklace I said smiling. You didn't have to do this I said to her but I wanted to she said with a smile.

Now let's get home she said starting the car. The sky looked clear still but I could smell rain coming. 

Once we got back to the house Allie helped me bring my bags in. So how would you guys like a little fashion show Allie said to Josh and Matt. Sure they both said let's see what she got.