Chapter 13

Sang's POV

Looking from guy to guy. I was trying to get my thoughts together on where to start. Do I start with my childhood with my stepmother or should I leave that part out and just go straight into the trafficking and how Volto fits into my life.

I couldn't decide. I've never shared this with anyone before.

"I can't do it. I thought I could. But I don't even know where to start. My whole life is a fucking joke. Do I start at the beginning or just give the basics." I was rambling trying to by some time. There was movement on both sides of me. Corey and Nathan took one of my hands and held it in their laps rubbing their thumbs soothingly over my hands. It helped a little I was calming down.

"Sang Baby. We want to know everything. Start from the very beginning." North reassured me they knew what they were asking for.

"Alright then. Well..." I shallowed and took a deep breath. "It all started when I was five. Lily's age. I never knew my biological mother she died giving birth to me. But I did have a stepmother. My father didn't even pay attention to her. Or Marie and I. She was very sick. Cancer. She had to take so much medication it made her mean. She even hallucinated all the time. She would never touch Marie only me. It was as if I was the worst 'thing' to ever exist. I was the whore, the no good worthless bitch that no one wanted. I had to clean everything everyday. Not on dust bunny. I did all the cooking. The grocery shopping. I scheduled all her doctors visits. I wasn't good enough. She didn't care what I did. She still beat me. Made me kneel on glass and rice. Or would lock me in the dark closet naked in the middle of winter. She crushed me I was a shell of a person. I hated that bitch. When I went to school I wanted to be invisible. Mainly because if I called attention to myself she would know. Somehow she always knew. I stayed clear of all the guys and the girls. I never had a friend because I was afraid. Always afraid. One day this guy named Rocky approached me and asked me out. I thought he was nice enough but I didn't need the attention pointed directly at me. He was on the football team I would have definitely had the spotlight. I didn't want it.
Also that creep Mr. McCoy was always watching me. He cornered me once and locked me in the janitors closet with him one day. Touched me in places he shouldn't have. Never going as far as he could have in that closet. I was so weak. Hell I didn't even know what he was doing was wrong until I got home and found out he'd called my Stepmother to tell her he had found me in the janitors closet fooling around with some guy. Some guy!" I laughed at that. Some guy. The fucking guy was him. She wouldn't have cared either way.

"I, um.. uh..." I'm so choked up I don't even think I'm going to make it to the worst part of my story. I took my hands back from the two holding them. I stood up to go check on Lily. "I don't wanna finish this right now." I needed a break.

"It's Ok Sunshine you don't have to finish if you don't want to." He seems sad. For me. I don't like the looks they are all sporting on their faces. "No. I can do it. It's fine." Deep breaths Sang. I reached out to take the hands that I had been squeezing the life out of before. They took them with ease.

"Anyways. That day after.. I got home and Marie was still not home. Susan, my stepmother, beat me bloody with a belt buckle and put me in the bathtub tide to a chair with the water on scalding hot and left me there. I had been there so long in agony. Everything had stopped hurting and I lost track of time. Marie never came home that night. She had stayed next door at her friend, Danielle's house. She came home the next morning and tried looking for me everywhere. She finally checked the bathroom and saw me. She got me out. But I could be of much use. I had lost feeling in my legs from sitting so long hunched over. She had tried to take me to the hospital but this time my dad wasn't having it. He said we couldn't be exposed like that. It was bad for Susan's health. I guess now we know why I couldn't go the hospital. We skipped a week of school and I stayed in my bed with cool towels that Marie replaced every hour or so. I had gotten burns and blisters from the water and my wounds from the belt had been infected. Marie nursed me back to health.
After I was better we had gone back to school. Not two days later we had both been called to Principle Hendricks office to 'find out why we hadn't been at school', but really it had ended up being a ruse to get us out of class. We walked back to our classes and were stopped by a black unmarked van. It had spoked us. We started back the other way we had come but two men bigger than even Silas or Raven caught Marie and threw her in the back of the van. I couldn't let her go alone. I could have gotten away. No I would have gotten away. But I couldn't leave my sister.
They explained to us that it was just their jobs to deliver us. I was so scared I didn't even pay attention to anything around me.  Only Marie. I held her hand for dear life. I made a promise to myself then and there nothing was going to happen to her. She was my only family.
About an hour or so in the van, we took a turn off to the side of the road.
We were coming to a stop. There are no windows or anything to see out of. So we couldn't tell where we were.
The back of the van opened and some more men grabbed us up and dragged us into this beat up old warehouse. We went kicking and screaming, I was no going willingly or without a fight. I had taken too much shit my entire life. I was done cowering away. I put my full weight into it. Everything I had. I kicked out sending the guy holding me backwards. I got up and ran as fast as I could. I made it into the woods and heard them yelling out to find me. I started panicking and climbed a tree. I made it all the way to the top and hide as best I could. I stayed there for hours freezing my ass off. I could see my breath and I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. I was loosing my grip so I readjusted.
That's when I saw him. The very first time. Volto. He had found me. Looking up at me from the base of the tree leaned up against the trunk. Calm and Collected. He told him if I didn't come down he would have my sister killed.
I couldn't have that at all and I was freezing to death. I climbed down most of the way and when I got close enough to him he grabbed me up and threw me over his shoulder. I was to worn out to care.
He carried me all the way into the warehouse that was out in the middle of nowhere. We went down a dark hallway." I cringed at that. Dark rooms and hallways always triggered my PTSD. I had to get a better control on that.