Chapter 14

Owen's POV

I woke up with start. Sang was still wrapped around me and Lily was cuddling up next to Kota. It came as a shock at first. She was scared of us not even ten hours ago. But she's willing to get close now because Sang does. She trusts Sang.

In the warehouse when I tried to get her out of that cage she just wasn't going to corporate. She was afraid of me. I can't get the look she gave me out of my head. What did they do to her? I don't think it's the best idea for Sang to keep a little girl around in field of work we do. But if it makes her happy than I'm happy.
Today is going to be a long day. Returning the girls to their families but I had a bad feeling something wasn't going to go right. I couldn't put my finger on it. So we would just have to keep our eyes peeled.

I was brought out of my thoughts as Sang bolted up right. She hurried out of the bed and into the bathroom. I followed her in. Only to find her throwing up over the toilet. I knelt down beside her and grabbed her hair up and out of the way. She must have had a nightmare again. This one worse than the others because I don't remember her being sick previously. "That's right, just let it out. Then you'll feel better." In walked Kota and he zoned in with his eyes on walk was happening. He understood from our eye conversation. It always came in handy. He walked to the sink and got a cool damp cloth for Sang. She sat back up against the tub and closed her eyes. "Here Love." Kota handed her the wash cloth that she took with a thank you. "A nightmare?" Sang just nodded her head she didn't want to talk about it. "Somethings wrong. I have a feeling." She felt it too. That can't be good. We will have to stay alert all day. "Sang?" "Sang!" In walked Lily rubbing at her little bright blue eyes. She walked towards Sang and sat in front of her. "Are you sad?" She was very observant. "No I'm fine sweetheart." Lily reached up and touched Sang's face. Looking at them they have very similar qualities. Pale blonde pair. Bright colored eyes. Pouty lips. High cheek bones. Beautiful. "I make you better." And she gave her a hug. It really was too sweet. Right then I knew she belonged with Sang. It was the right decision for both of them. "We go eat now. I'm hungry?" Sang stood up and held out her hand for Sang to take. She took it without hesitance and stood up. "Sure let's go wake everyone else up." They walked out of the room. And I held the same look of wonderment as Kota. She was strong especially to withhold her emotions like that. At the warehouse yesterday she surprised us by finding away in and standing up to those guards all on her own. Not a hit of fear showed in her. But she was still a little unhinged. What would this mean for our team now? I could see it in each one of us. Sang has a pull on each of us. We all care for her. Maybe even starting to love. But she doesn't want that. At least I don't think so. I did catch the end of a kiss she shared with Brandon. What did it mean anything?
I can't help but wonder if he's the only one. A ping on jealousy hit me. Things are becoming complicated. We need to have a team meeting without Sang to discuss our feelings towards her so there won't be any fallout between the team. "Kota let everyone know tonight after Sang's asleep. Team meeting in the conference room. It's important." He nodded his head and left to face follow Sang. Like a puppy. She has us wrapped around her finger and she doesn't even know it.
————————————————————————

Sang's POV

As me and Lily made our way downstairs we stopped by Norths room to see if he was awake yet. He wasn't. We both entered and I put my finger to my lips as if to say be quiet. She smiled and just held her little finger to her mouth and whispered 'shh.' That made me smile. She was happy so I was happy. We made our way around the side of the bed North wasn't on. I picked Lily up and sat her on the bed and then I joined her. She didn't get to close to North as if he would hurt her for touching him. I couldn't blame her I was the same way for the longest time. Until these guys came into my life and now I'm starting to get a taste of normal again. I reached over her and pinched Norths nose closed. Eventually he opened is mouth to breathe. So I held it closed too. He was starting too turn red. Then he opened his eyes and I let go. "What the fuck, Baby? Are you trying to kill me?" I gave him a look that said 'watch your mouth' and looked down at Lily who had backed to the end of the bed. He had scared her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm North, who are you?" He knew her name but it was a sweet gesture to introduce himself so she would be more comfortable. "Lily." She whispered and stuck her finger to her bottom lip pushing at it. "Did you need something?" He was still talking to her hoping she would respond. "Breakfast." He eyed me with a smile. He knew we had come to get him for it. He was one of our better cooks. "What do you want to eat?" He looked hopeful she would pick something healthy but she's a child what did he expect for her answer to be 'vegetables'? "Pancakes." I whispered in her ear and she smiled. "Chocolate Chip Pancakes." North looked like he was going to deny her request until she countered with manners. "Please." And she gave him a toothy grin. He grunted. Caved.  "Only if you help me fix them. There's a lot of people to feed. How does that sound?" She looked at me asking for permission. "Go on. He will protect you ok. Don't worry you'll have fun. I'll still be here." She scooted off the bed while North put on a shirt and then held his hand out for her. I was sure she wouldn't take it. But then she surprised us both. She held her hands out to be picked up. His eyes said it all. She just made his day. He scooped her up and they started to the kitchen. Now I had to wake the rest of the troops up. There are just so many.