Chapter 20

Sangs POV

It was gloomy. So gloomy and raining. Of course it would rain. Why wouldn't it. Especially today.

"In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." I couldn't even focus. I couldn't look at her. I couldn't move. I could hardly fucking breath. The only thing holding me in place was the tiny hand that clasped around my hand squeezing every few seconds. Who knew I'd take comfort in a child. A baby.

The priest continued on with the ceremony talking about how good of a sister and friend Marie was. He called her a mother. A mother. While we stood under this tiny little canopy hoping to not get drenched. Which was impossible with how hard the weather was coming down on us. I took note that she wasn't a mother, her child never even knew life. She barely had a life herself. I lost her too young.

"Lord our God, you are the source of life. In you we live and move and have our being. keep us in life and death in your love, and, by you grace, lead us to your kingdom, Through your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord." "Amen." I tried to focus more of the priest but I couldn't take my eyes off the coffin. Where my sister was. This wasn't real. It couldn't be.

"From dust you came, to dust you shall return. Jesus Christ, our Saviour, shall raise you up on the last day.." He walked up to the casket and put his hand on it. That was the last straw I haven't said two words today. I couldn't due to the clog I had in my throat of emotions. But I wouldn't have a fucking stranger smudging her coffin.

"Don't touch her!" All eyes on me now. Family. Friends. Academy. Neighbors. Derek's family. After all we were burying three bodies today. A husband. A wife. A child. A sister. A brother. I lowered my voice emotion clouding me. "Just don't touch her. Please." I walked forward and crowded the coffin with my body hoping to fiend off unwanted people.

The warm hand that took mine was unwanted but much needed. "Aggele Mou. We are here for you it's ok to let her go." But it wasn't. I shouldn't have too. I squeezed his hand so he knew I heard him. I let a few tears trail down my face. My moment of weakness was over. I was ready to fight. I rubbed my fingers across her burgundy brown coffin. I placed a rose on top and made my last promise to my dead sister. "I'll see you soon." I stated it as a fact. I didn't try to hide my words. I prepared to get myself straightened out and ready to end this once and for all. I took one last look and walked away.

I left Lily standing with Gabriel and Luke. I started to walk away out into the weather. I was done and ready to leave.

I was stopped once again by a fine grip to my elbow. "Sang. I don't think I like where your head is at." Owen so blatantly stated. "I don't know what your talking about. I'm allowed to be upset Owen. My fucking sister just died. What is your problem?" I was always one to let my rage do the talking first. Punch first think later. "Sang. I didn't mean to upset you. I just want you to know that we will always be here for you. I know today is hard for you. But I need you to understand. To really understand that we are with you. Always." My heart soared. Not one ounce of dishonesty was behind his words. I took a look at my surrounding all the boys where scattered around and Lily was running away from Gabe and Luke playing chase in the rain. I smiled. It was a day for grieving. But she put a smile on my face. But on this day I realized I put my family in the grave but I still had fifteen more people to also considered my family. I wasn't alone.

I attacked Owen with the strongest hug I could muster. He was taken aback due to his frozen state but eventually gave in and wrapped his warm arms around me. I only then realized he was standing in the rain with me without and umbrella messing up his perfect suit.