An Awkward Conversation (Finn X Reader)

(Takes place when Finn first comes to the Resistance Base.)

"Poe. Poe Dameron?" He doesn't question himself any longer before walking forward and the two share a long-awaited embrace. "You're alive!" Finn exclaims in utter shock and surprise. "So are you!" Poe says in response while letting go of him, but still remaining close. "What happened to you?" Finn immediately asked, and Poe let out a small smile as he started to explain. "What happened? I got thrown from the crash, woke up at night, no you, no ship, nothing." BB-8 starts to beep something as Poe pauses and turned to listen, before grinning at Finn. "BB-8 says you saved him. "No, no, no. It wasn't just me." Poe nudges Finn's chest as he spoke, "You completed my mission, Finn- That's my jacket?" He said once realizing what he was wearing, and Finn started to take it off. "Oh here." Poe stopped him before he could continue. "No, no, no. Keep it. It suits you." He patted his shoulder, "You're a good man Finn." Finn was just about to say something else when you ran by, accidentally knocking into him, dropping a toolbox. "Oh! I'm sorry, hello Poe, I...got you some of the tools you wanted." You said while picking the box up, placing it by his X-Wing. Finn found himself staring at you, before shaking his head and reminding himself of Rey, starting to continue what he was saying to Poe. "I-I need your help." Poe nods, almost immediately understanding and heading to the main control center in the base. After Finn had met General Organa, and they had found out a way to destroy the Star Killer Base, Finn started making his way to the armory and happened to run into, you. You made him drop his blaster, and he was just about to grab it when his hand landed o yours, him quickly taking it away as he felt his face heat up. "Uh...sorry." He quickly said once you handed him his weapon. You gave a small, but warm smile, "Its really not a problem, but maybe we should try not to run in together, at least like this." You gave a chuckle, which makes Finn calm down a bit. He rubbed his neck, giving a sheepish smile before nodding in agreement. "You're probably right. But anyways um, what's your name?" He asked, just going to the first thing he thought would be important to know, but still being nervous about this interaction, he had almost never had in his life. You reached out your hand, "Y/N. I'm more of a mechanic or just a helping hand around here. And you are?" He looked at your hand, being confused for only a second before taking hold of it and shaking it gently. "I'm Finn. And..I know this might be strange but-" You paused him with your words. "I heard that you worked with the First Order. But its okay, you changed right? That's the important thing." Finn still had trouble taking in how compassionate most Resistant troopers were, it was so much nicer than anything he had been introduced to. "Y-Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm glad I got out of there when I had the chance." You looked at his blaster as he held it in his arms, seeming to observe its mechanisms before taking his arm and pulling him somewhere with you. "Hey um...where are we going?" He asked as you walked over to an area with several tools and broken up weapons lying on the desks. "This blaster has a busted refill port. So unless you want to wait several minutes to shoot only two lasers, I should probably make an adjustment." He was surprised you knew about that by merely looking at it for a few seconds, but didn't intrude, just watching you start to work on it, occasionally looking to observe you, and your natural beauty. He sighed happily without realizing it, and although it was quiet, you could still hear it and so your head turned to see him staring at you. "See something you're interested in Finn?" That immediately broke his gaze and his eyes directed to the weapon you had just fixed. "Um...urm...maybe?" He didn't really know what to say in this situation and whether it would offend you or not. The only other really...female contact he had been with for this amount of time was Rey, and she didn't seem too interested in him that way. (I do ship Rey and Finn though!) You blushed, and he got worried, his hand reaching forward to feel the top of your head. "A-Are you okay? You seem to be getting hot. Are you catching a fever?" He spammed question until you quieted him down with a kiss on the cheek, making him freeze in place, his eyes wide as you giggled at this expression. "C'mon Finn. Its time to get back out into the battle." You said while taking his hand, and he followed you aimlessly.

THE END

Tell me if you wanna part two or not, this one just seemed to go at a more calm and steady pace. No time skips and what not.

Please vote for this and I hope you enjoyed!