Unusual: The Story of Sophie's Life

AN: This story takes places after Lodestar before Nightfall, and after The Last Olympian before The Lost Hero.

SPOILERS FOR LODESTAR AND THE LAST OLYMPIAN

I am not Rick Riordan or Shannon Messenger. Enough said.

AN: 211 views!?! 18 votes!?! I AM SO EXCITED!  THANK YOU SO MUCH I AM SO HAPPY!  AND NOW I'M RANTING!

I know the chapter title sucks.

CHAPTER SIX

Sophie knew she shouldn't even be shocked right now. Her life was so weird. First, she was a child prodigy, a genius offered a scholarship to Yale. Then she was an elf just trying out a new school. Next she was an incredibly talented elf with crazy powers. Now she was a demigod, or at least someone claimed by the entire pantheon of ancient greek gods. Her life was crazy.

Annabeth seemed deep in thought, and started when Sophie cleared her throat.

"Hmmmm," Annabeth murmured, thinking. "Too many campers saw you jump out a three-story building with a crack of lightning and land with only a broken leg for me to pass you off as unclaimed. And only an incredibly powerful demigod could incapacitate Percy Jackson." Another thought occurred to her. "Plus, you're what, fifteen?"

Sophie nodded, usure of what that had to do with anything.

Annabeth nodded decisively. "We will simply tell everyone that you are a daughter of some minor deity. Perhaps Hebe?"

Hebe. Sophie thought. The greek goddess of youth? She was about to open her mouth to protest, but Annabeth interrupted her.

"You certainly look the part," Annabeth mused. Sophie snapped her jaw shut. Did that mean Annabeth thought she looked beautiful, or just young?

"Anyway." Annabeth sat down on the bed again, and Sophie followed suit. "Tell me about yourself. Do you know why you were claimed by all of the gods? Or why Chiron called you an experiment?" Sophie nodded, her mouth dry. This could potentially land her in Exile, but these people weren't human.

"I don't know why I was claimed by all of them, or why Chiron called me an experiment." She tugged out an eyelash. "But I do have a secret." She took a deep breath.

"I'm an elf."

Sophie expected Annabeth to burst out laughing, or look at her like she was crazy, but Annabeth nodded thoughtfully. "Like... Blond hair, archers, tall, Legolas?" Sophie laughed and swatted her arm playfully.

"That's what I thought at first, too!" She sobered. "But no." She described their beautiful cities, elegant architecture, crazy foods and incredible creatures. Then she told Annabeth about their immortality and special abilities. As she described Technopaths, Shades, Hydrokinetics and Pyrokinetics, Annabeth's frown deepened. Sophie avoided talking about her own abilities, and she was sure Annabeth noticed. When Sophie finished, Annabeth stood up. "You have given me much to think on." Annabeth's frown was so pronounced it looked like a scowl. "I don't know what we should do. You will stay in a guest room in the Big House and we will tell everyone you are still recovering. I better go make sure Will doesn't tell anyone anything." She strode purposefully out the door.

Sophie was left sitting on the bed. Wondering what to don, she realized how tired she was. She lay down on the bed and closed her eyes.

She fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow.

AN:  It is a short chapter, but my computer decided not to work this morning, so I had to use my mother's, so it set me back a half hour.  

Anyway, PLEASE COMMENT, on all the parts!  You make my day, and I am always looking for suggestions.

Ok, this is to settle an argument with my friend: Sokeefe or Sophitz?  (I am a huge Sophitz shipper.)

I will stop now.