This Chapter Doesn't Answer Any Questions Cuz I'm Evil

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Sophie sat up, wondering what had awoken her. The doorknob rattled. Muffled cursing could be heard from outside the door. Then the door slowly opened.

The first thing Sophie saw was the muzzle of a melder.

"Back against the wall," a smooth female voice commanded.

"I have a melder," added Fintan.

Sophie snorted. As if that wasn't obvious.

The door slowly opened, Fintan in front with the melder, and another elf behind him.

Sophie assumed she was the one who had spoken. She stepped next to Fintan, and her face was revealed.

She was beautiful, Sophie had to give her that. Her thick, dark lashes and eyebrows contrasted against her shockingly pale skin. Her black hair was pushed behind her pointy ears.

An Ancient.

She was carrying a platter of sliced fruits. She set it down in front of Sophie, who reached for it hungrily.

The two elves watched Sophie as she ate.

When she had finished, the female elf cleared her throat.

"Hello, Sophie Foster," she purred. "I've been waiting for you. My name is Vespera."

As soon as she heard the name, Sophie's head exploded with pain. She was unearthing hidden memories, left there by the Black Swan. Except there were too many. Image after image flashed in through her mind. It was too much.

Sophie eyes rolled back in her head, and she collapsed.

Chuckling softly, Vespera stepped out of the room, her head held high.

Sorry for the short chapter!  I'm in the process of writing the next one, and hopefully it'll be good!

Vote!

Comment!

Follow!

Have a great day!