My Brain is Fried Right Now

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

The voice withdrew as footsteps approached Sophie's prison. Sophie heard locks click and deadbolts slide back as someone on the other side opened the door. The door opened. It was Fintan. Sophie's heart pounded.

"Who were you speaking to?" Sophie sighed. Evidently they had cameras or sensors or something in the cells.

"Nobody," she lied. (Not that Nobody, you nerds. It's OK, I'm a nerd, too.) Fintan stalked into the room and towered over her.

"If I get even the slightest indication that you are trying to escape, I will have a weapon of mass destruction aimed at that puny camp in three seconds, prepped and ready to fire." Fintan's voice was strong and loud, giving every indication that he would do as described.

Sophie gulped. The camp's borders might be able to stop a monster, but a missle? They wouldn't stand a chance.

Fintan walked out of the room again, locking the door securely behind him. Sophie sighed and lay on her back, making the most of the small space given to her. She tried to reach out telepathically with her mind, but it felt like she had her circlet on again. But she could transmit through that, albeit very painfully. She stretched her mind, farther and farther. She touched Annabeth's mind.

We're going to need backup. Press the panic switch.

Sophie's mind snapped back to her body, and she sank into a pool of darkness.

AN: Another super short chapter.  I'm trying.  If you want another FanFic, I just published another one, called The Fates' Punishment.  Basically Percy insults the Fates and they punish him in a very creative manner.  I also published the first chapter of an original story I'm writing.  It's called Quintessence: The Amulet of Nephrite.

Vote!

Comment!

Follow!

Have a nice day!