OGRE!?

Do I really have to do this again?  *sigh*

AN: This story takes places after Lodestar before Nightfall, and after The Last Olympian before The Lost Hero.

SPOILERS FOR LODESTAR AND THE LAST OLYMPIAN

I am not Rick Riordan or Shannon Messenger. Enough said.

Sophie woke up slowly, relishing the feeling of warmness underneath the blankets. She blinked, clearing the sleep from her eyes. She groaned as the bright light streaming through the windows hit her sleep-sensitive eyes. Suddenly, Sophie remembered where she was as she felt the rough, human-made, sheets beneath her. Sitting up quickly, she shoved the blanket off and stood up.

Moving quickly, she lowered the shields on her mind and reached out, trying to locate Annabeth. Once again, Chiron and Annabeth's minds were covered by the strange lightning, but as she reached out further, she found an unguarded mind. Curious, she probed it. Oh, no. The smothering fluffy cotton felt achingly, painfully familiar. It was an ogre.

She quickly withdrew her mind, almost daring to hope that the ogre hadn't noticed her, but she knew it had. Ogres always detected Telepaths, even her, with her modified telepathy. Sophie, unfortunately, knew from experience.

She scrambled out of bed, jumping. She ran outside toward where she had pinpointed Annabeth's thoughts. She burst into a cabin with an owl carved over the doorway and a garden shack leaning against the side.

"Annabeth!" she cried. A black haired guy at one of the tables looked up. It was the guy with the Shade dog. The Hydrokinetic.

He stood up and held out his hand. "Percy Jackson," he introduced himself. Sophie brushed past him.

"Where's Annabeth?" His hand wavered. Sophie glanced back. "Sorry, I'm Sophie Foster, sorry about earlier. Where is Annabeth?"

Percy pointed to the back of the cabin where Sophie noticed Annabeth typing feverishly on a with a blue Delta 𝚫 on the lid, surrounded by papers and maps.

"Annabeth!" Sophie stepped forward. Suddenly a girl wearing an orange shirt riddled with burn holes stepped through the door.

"Annabeth, there's some sort of creature at the border. He says he wants to talk to our leader." The girl frowned, scrunched her face, wrinkling the smiley face band-aid on her chin. "Chiron is busy, can you and Percy head out?" Annabeth closed her laptop and stood up.

"What does it look like?"

The girl shuddered. "Like a lumpy potato."

"I know what it is." Sophie stepped forward. "It's an ogre." Annabeth's head whipped to look at her. Sophie tried to communicate that it was from her world, and Annabeth seemed to get the message.

"Sophie will come with me." She walked out the door of the cabin, and Sophie and Percy hurried after her.

They walked out to a pine tree with a shiny golden mass of wool hanging from it and a dragon wrapped around the trunk. But beyond the tree was an ogre. And not just any ogre.

King Dimitar.

AN:  I'm sorry, I didn't update last week, I was incredibly busy.  I am also apologizing because this chapter is super short and really only a filler.  Hopefully my next chapter will be a lot longer.

I will be following anyone who follows me until the next update!

Please comment and vote!

Happy Holidays!