Thank PG&E for This Chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

AN:  My school got cancelled because of the massive power outages in California, so I was able to write this chapter.  My great-aunt has been evacuated due to the Sonoma fires and lots off my friends have been affected by the power shut offs.  Please keep the victims from these terrible events in your minds while the fires are still raging.

Enjoy the chapter!!  

    As Menoetius swung his sword, Vespera suddenly flickered.  The demigods that were about to charge at the elf halted in confusion.  The sword went straight through Vespera's neck in a long slashing motion and clunked into the ground without doing any damage to the illusion.

    Vespera laughed, a chilling sound that reverberated through the cracked stone, multiplying over and over again until no one could tell where it was coming from. 

    "Nice try, little heroes," she sneered, her lip curling back.  "But did you really think it was going to be that easy?"  The illusion flickered away, leaving nothing behind but a faint smell of smoke and a groaning Fintan.  The demigods stood still, parylyzed with indecision.  If they chased Vespera now, they might find her close by.  If they left Sophie for that long, she might die.

    Menoetius noticed their hesitation.  "You go with the girl," he grunted.  "I'll get that old witch." Seeing their faces, he added, "I'll Iris Message you when I find her."  And with that, he stalked into the hole in the cliff, pushing boulders aside like they were no more than giant beanbags.

    Will called out, "Well don't just stand there!  We need to get Sophie somewhere safe!"  FItz started, as if remembering something, and rifled frantically through his pockets.

   "I've got a crystal to Elwin's office!" he shouted, and held up the crystal.  "We can light leap there."  Nyssa, whom Sophie had explained the concept of light leaping to, nodded her head in agreement.

    "Everyone, get over here!" she shouted.  Will picked up Sophie's barely breathing body, and joined them in a circle.

    "Tam and Linh, you cover Sandor and Grizel.  Dex, you cover Nyssa.  Keefe, you cover Lou Ellen, Biana, you get Will." He took a deep breath.  "I'll cover Sophie."  The elves all nodded in agreement and Fitz raised the crystal into the light.

    The elves, demigods, and goblins disappeared into the beam of light, leaving nothing behind except a pool of blood and an off-balanced rusty flail.

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

Have an amazing day, and stay safe if you live in California!!