Plan to Defeat the Lumpy Potato

CHAPTER NINE

"Hmmm." Chiron rubbed his salt-and-pepper beard with his hand, pondering what Sophie had told him. "We can't agree to his demands. Mayb-" Sophie cut him off.

"Why not?" When Chiron started protesting, Sophie amended her statement. "I mean, why not hand me over with a plan. We could plant a tracker on me, or something, and you guys can track them to their base and attack to wipe out the entire Neverseen."

Chiron nodded, thinking again. "I believe Annabeth and Nyssa have been working on something to that respect. A tracker, I mean. They were going to give one to every satyr so they can always be found if a rescue mission or extraction squad is required." Sophie decided not to ask why satyrs would need extraction.

"OK. I'll go-" Chiron wasn't done yet.

"We can't send you alone." He frowned. "You are not trained in combat, and from what I can tell, you have a limited amount of energy to inflict." He rubbed his beard again. "How about Percy?"

Sophie thought about the 16-year-old boy with the weird dog. He seemed happy and carefree, not like a warrior.

Chiron, as if reading her mind, said, "He may seem childish, but he led the camp during the Battle of Manhattan and has the curse of Achilles." Seeing Sophie's curious expression, he elaborated. "He took a dip in the River Styx, thus making him invulnerable except for one small spot."

Sophie frowned. "But won't the Neverseen get suspicious if we both are handed off willingly?" Chiron nodded.

"Yes. However, is there a way you can contact them? The Neverseen?" Sophie nodded, she might not be able to track their thoughts, but she could project her thoughts so that they were heard.

"Here's the plan." Chiron detailed what would happen in two day's time. Sophie nodded. The plan was a good one. Now just to see if they could execute it.

AN: I know it's short, but bear with me.  You will get another update next week.  If you haven't already, check out my Harry Potter FanFiction:  The Tale of the Three Brothers: As Told by the Eldest Brother.  I also published an original short story titled The Tree of Tears.

Vote!

Comment!

Have a nice day!