Why does No One Ever Listen to the Doctor?

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

    Lou Ellen stepped to the side of the office, hoping that the elves were so busy saving Sophie that they wouldn't notice her trying to contact someone.  As soon as the Dex kid glittered back into the office with a giant jug of something called 'Wound Wipe', they all crowded around her, applying that to her many cuts and lacerations. 

    Lou Ellen pulled a spray bottle from her pocket and started pumping out a fine mist in front of a crystal lamp in a corner of the room, producing a faint rainbow.  She tossed a golden coin in, but it didn't come out the other side.

    "Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, please accept my offering," she whispered.  "Show me Annabeth at Camp Half-Blood."  The rainbow shimmered and Lou Ellen got a misty view of Annabeth typing furiously on her computer in the empty Athena cabin, muttering to herself.

    "Annabeth?"  Lou Ellen whispered, as loudly as she could, hoping that none of the elves had super hearing or anything like that.

    Annabeth jumped and looked around quickly, trying to locate the source of the voice.  She spotted Lou Ellen and relaxed.  "Lou Ellen!" She exclaimed.  "How are things going over there?"  She took in Lou Ellen's surroundings.  "Where are you, even?"

    "Not very well and I have no clue," Lou Ellen explained.  "Sophie is dying, so we teleported to a medic or something from their world, and we need help."

    Annabeth hummed nervously.  "We can't tell any more people about the elves, and most people are out searching for-" A knock on the door interrupted her sentence.  "I've got to go.  If you have ambrosia, try some of that, it might help.  It helped when she broke her leg.  Tell Will to try more terrible poetry." She slashed her hand through the message and the rainbow disappeared.  Suddenly, everyone tending to Sophie started shouting.

    Lou Ellen glanced back at the bed, and saw Sophie sitting upright.  She heard the word 'dream,' and darted over, pushing Nyssa out of the way. 

"Describe it to me," she demanded.  "My mother works in dreams often, maybe it was her doing, trying to help us."

Sophie shook her head.  "I don't think so.  There was this dude and- I'll just show you.  That'd be easier."  She put one finger on her temple, and seemed to be concentrating, but slumped back and opened her eyes without anything happening.  "Ugh, I'm too exhausted right now."

"You bet you are," Elwin interrupted.  "No telepathy stuff until we make sure you don't have any head injuries." Will nodded in agreement.

"No." Sophie stated.  "You guys need to see this." She held out her other hand to Fitz, who grasped it tightly.  They both shut their eyes, and Sophie's dream began to play as if projected on a screen in front of them.
"Oh, styx." Nyssa whispered when the dream was done.  "If Morpheus is siding with them, he must think that something big is going to happen."

Sophie stared at her.  "Something big is happening.  The worlds are colliding."

Y'all, I live in an area that has shut down everything due to coronavirus, so I'm not allowed to leave the house except for grocery shopping.   This is the fourth day, and I'm already bored out of my mind.  Expect more updates soon, hopefully!

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

Stay safe and healthy!!