Chapter 16

"Move it, smalls!"

"Oh be quiet! You're not even doing anything!" I shouted to Alissa. 'This girl, I swear.' I thought to myself. "And I'm not small, we're almost the same height!"

We were packing our stuff to move into Ricegum's house and I only had a two days notice. That is clearly not enough time for me to pack up all of my stuff from this apartment that we have been living in for four months. I don't even know why we have to move. We're perfectly fine here.

"Alissa, remind me why we have to move again." I said as I sat on one of the stools by the counter as she got a glass of orange juice.

"I told you already, if we move into Rice's house then I can be closer to Banks plus who wouldn't want to live in that mansion." She said stopping to take a sip of her juice. "And we may or may not be getting kicked out..."

I choked on air. "What?!"

"Remember when I had a little party?"

"Little? China could probably hear you." I said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyways, the manager told me that we were going to be evicted in two months, so finish packing your stuff, kid." She said with a laugh, throwing her dirty cup in the sink. "But you had that party two months ago..."

"Exactly. And remember about your performance on National television that's coming soon. I love you so much, Ari!"

I looked back at her as I reached my room. "You're the entire reason why we're getting kicked out. I love you too and don't remind me." I said holding back my smile.

"I LOVE YOU!" Alissa said as she ran towards my door. I quickly shut the door on her and laid down on my bed.  Oliver was sleeping peacefully on the bed but woke up when he felt my presence next to him. He rested his head on my stomach as I scratched behind his ear. "Kids, you love them but sometimes you don't know what to do with them." I muttered as I looked up at the ceiling a little tired.

Just as I was about to close my eyes and take a nap, I turned my head to the side to see empty boxes and a ton of clothes on the floor. "Dang it."

***

It was evening by the time that I somewhat finished packing. I opened my door to reveal Alissa on the couch stuffing her fave with ice cream. I crept up behind her and whispered in her ear.

She turned around with lightning speed but not before yelling. "You made me drop my croissant!" Her spoon was on the floor in a puddle of chocolate.

I rolled on the floor in a fit of laughter. "You're holding ice cream!" I mustered between laughs. "And that's a spoon not a croissant."

"A spoon can be whatever it wants. And stop laughing it happened a long time ago." She looked down at me before continuing.

"Get up, Logan called." I took in a deep breath to calm myself. "He said that you need to call the boys before 9:00."

I raised my eyebrows at this new information. "Why?"

"I don't know, that weirdo just told me that and ended the call."

"Uh okay. I'll call them right now." I said looking at the clock. It was 8:30.

"Yeah, go ahead and call your boyfriend Johnny." She teased.

"That's not even close to any of their names and be quiet, none of them like me. We're just friends." I said even though a smile spread on my face and I felt my face get hot.

"Ooh, look who's blushing!" I ran into my room with a smile still on my face and closed the door before calling Daniel.

"Hello?" Daniel said but there was a lot of noise coming from his end of the phone so it came out a little bit muffled.