Chapter 19

Silence. That's all that could be heard through the room 302 of Mercy Hospital. The room that held Ariana's body. A vessel that has not moved for two weeks. A body that was surrounded by flowers, balloons, get well cards and by 8 people: Alissa Violet, Logan Paul, Juan Pablo, Daniel Seavey, Jack Avery, Mr. and Mrs. Rodriguez, and Scott Marshall. It didn't take a genius to tell that the ladies have been crying and the men were worried sick. They were missing the rest of the band, mostly because they would break down if they saw the condition of Ariana's body.

The young girl's chances of waking up were low. The doctors believed she only had a 10% chance of waking up and if she did, she may have some set backs. Her right leg was broken as well as her left arm. She had 79 stitches all over her body, in different areas but a lot nonetheless. Her body was a mangled mess when it was first found. Her limbs stuck out in every which way and was gruesome.

Whoever did this, wanted her dead, that's a no brainer. Out in public, the incident made headlines.

In the New York Times, articles quote: She will never be able to sing again.

The Rolling Stones:
Young and ambitious singer is in a coma and hopes aren't high.

The room was silent but no one would expect said girl to gasp for air loudly in her unconcious state. The heat monitor started to beep rapidly, alarming and scaring everyone in the room. "Please. Don't take her!" The mother of the patient wailed helplessly as the doctors and nurses rushed into the room. "Everyone, clear the room!" The doctor instructed as security came in to remove the terrified onlookers.

The main doctor checked the still girl's status as the nurses shouted out her blood pressure and heart bpm. "She's crashing, sir. We need to move her to the ICU." A young nurse with large, doe eyes, holding a clipboard said.

"Yes, nurse." The doctor said as sweat started to build up. This young girl was beyond famous and would bring down this entire hospital's reputation if they were to let her die. She was of upmost importance right now. "Everyone, move her. Quick! Hurry up if you want to keep your jobs!"

In the Intensive Care Unit, staff were working non stop for hours on end. Ariana's condition was not improving and her chances of living were decreasing. Her heart was slowly stopping.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

"We're losing her. We may need to do surgery, sir, but that will lower her chances of survival even more." The main doctor discussed with the top heart surgeon in the country.

The surgeon rubbed his temples. This would damage his reputation if he failed but would cause even more if he declined. With a sigh, he responded, "We could try a new technique but none of the patients have survived."

"I would need the guardian's permission and your entire trust."

It was silent for a while before the doctor spoke, "I will get the permission from the parents, please keep her alive, sir."

_________

"New. . ."

"Please. . ."

"Alive-"

Questions were racing through my head as I slowly started to panic. My eyelids... they were so heavy? I could hear bits of conversations but never for long because all of my focus would suddenly be directed to every single part of my body.

As I laid there on what I assume is a hospital bed, I felt the urge to cry. 'So this is what it feels like to die, huh?'

I have so many regrets. I never should have neglected to visit my family. I will miss my family. I'll miss Logan and Alyssa and Scott. And the boys.

Corbyn, Jonah, Zach, Jack, and Dan-

"Hey Ari."

Daniel?

I felt him grab my hand but I can't hold his hand back.

"I want to tell you everything"

Help me! I'm scared.

"But some things are better left unsaid"

What?

I care for you so much, I lo-... I like you a lot. But so does he.

"I don't know if you'll wake up but try, please try and be happy if it's not with me." I heard the rustle of clothes and a long kiss on my hand followed by droplets of hot tears.

Wait, please don't go! I-

Beep! Beep!

The young boy was shocked out of his trance when the machines hooked up to the beautiful girl started going beserk.

He did the only logical thing he could do. "Nurse!" The hospital button was nearly smashed to bits from the amount of force applied by the brunette. "Somebody help me!"

"She's coding! Bring in the crash cart!"

The silent room was now crowded and buzzing with multiple men and women in lab coats, some wearing pink scrubs. The boy was left in the corner, nearly forgotten until his gasps for air became too loud.

"Get him the hell out of here nurse! Get him admitted and treat him for dehydration too!"

The teen was being helplessly dragged out of the hospital room as he saw the doctors open her gown and shock her small body twice.

The words couldn't leave his shaking mouth, "P-Please... Please"

For a long time,
Daniel only saw the world as a corrupt prison.

Everything was wrong with the people that resided in it and even when there were pure souls,
the world managed to corrupt them.

He hated the world and the world hated him.

But he didn't hate her.

She was so pure and innocent.

She saw the horrors of the world but she didn't let that affect her.

She still smiled.

She still loved.

And he loved her for that.

He loves her.

For the first time in his life, he finally loved someone.

Which made the words that left the doctor's mouth all the more worse.

"Time of death: 16:32"

____
The end.