The Art of Lion Stealing

INT. ALTEAN CASTLE - DAY

KEITH walks down the dark hallway to the lion hangar, the sounds of his lion calling to him. The door opens and KEITH puts up his hand to shield him from the light. Y/N is sitting on the floor, painting various designs on the red lion's feet.

KEITH
Y/n!

Y/N looks up.

Y/N
Oh. Good evening, Keith.

KEITH
What are you doing with my lion?

Y/N
Having some quality bonding time. Why?

KEITH
She's supposed to be sleeping.

Y/N
He's a he actually.

KEITH
What?

Y/N
As much as he has mother-like qualities, the red lion is still, in fact, a boy.

KEITH
He doesn't have a mane?

Y/N turns toward him, looking absolutely done.

Y/N
They're robots, Keith. They don't have hair.

KEITH stares at her for a moment.

KEITH
I suppose that's true... but could you stop trying to steal my lion?!

Y/N
I don't know what you're talking about.

KEITH
Like yesterday?

KEITH, LANCE, HUNK, PIDGE, SHIRO, Y/N, CORAN, and ALLURA are assembled in the lion hangar.

ALLURA
Alright, just ask your lions to come to you, and we'll begin the exercise.

The black lion walks closer first, having the closest bond with his paladin, SHIRO. The green lion walks forward and sits in front of PIDGE. The blue lion leans her head down to meet LANCE's outstretched hand. The yellow lion takes two steps forward as HUNK runs toward him. And the red lion goes toward... Y/N. Y/N laughs and hugs the lion's leg.

Y/N
Haha... aww, precious baby!!

KEITH
Red!

The red lion makes happy noises, similar to purring. ALLURA and CORAN are watching KEITH, Y/N, and the red lion, unsure about what they should do.

KEITH
You're supposed to-

KEITH sighs.

KEITH
I'm your paladin! You're supposed to come to me!

PIDGE sees KEITH struggling and snickers.

PIDGE
Ouch.

The flashback is over, and KEITH and Y/N are still in the lion hangar.

Y/N
Oh... That wasn't my fault!

KEITH
But it was!

Y/N
Your lion just likes me better!

KEITH
Because you're just trying to steal my lion!

Y/N
But I'm not!

The red lion lets out a roar, probably meaning "SHUT UP." Y/N pats KEITH on the shoulder.

Y/N
Sorry, dude. It's just that I don't have a lion, but I really like yours.

KEITH
...Sorry for snapping at you.

KEITH sighs.

Y/N
It's okay.

KEITH
I'm just so tired.

Y/N smiles and wraps her arm around KEITH's shoulder. Y/N starts walking toward the door.

Y/N
Let's get some rest, yeah?

KEITH
Okay...

Y/N
You should take better care of yourself.

The red lion purrs happily as KEITH and Y/N walk out.

(Late) Happy Holidays everyone!!