Once Upon a Set of Eyewear

INT. ALTEAN CASTLE - DAY

Y/N walks into the kitchen, the last of the group to make it back onto the Altean ship. Y/N's face is unseen, a hood pulled down over her face. LANCE looks up from his spot at the table.

LANCE
Y/n? Are you alright?

Y/N nods.

Y/N
Yes, I'm fine.

LANCE
Why are you covering your face?

Y/N
No reason.

Now, the others in the room are noticing that something is different. HUNK stops cooking. ALLURA and CORAN stop talking. PIDGE stops typing and SHIRO stops looking over her shoulder to glance at Y/N. KEITH looks up from where he is leaning on the wall like an edgy teenager. LANCE stands up and walks toward Y/N.

LANCE
Y/n... put your hood down.

Y/N
No.

LANCE
Y/n.

LANCE walks toward Y/N, but she keeps backing up until her back is against the wall. LANCE's arm is over her shoulder in a traditional kabedon.

Y/N
Lance... what are you doing?

LANCE
A detective's work.

LANCE pulls Y/N's hood back. Y/N looks down, face slightly pink with embarrassment. Upon her face is a pair of glasses, with circular lenses like PIDGE's, but with a gold frame.

Y/N
So, uh, I got glasses today? Some vendor guy offered a free vision test, I ended up in line somehow I don't know, and my vision is really bad. So he gave me some glasses for free once I mentioned that I was with team Voltron. So yeah.

LANCE
You- You look cute.

Y/N
Thanks.

KEITH
She looks like Pidge.

PIDGE
Having glasses doesn't mean she looks like me!

KEITH
That's not what I meant. She looks... kinda cute, but with that sassy smart kind of look. Like you.

PIDGE
I suppose that's a compliment.

KEITH
It is.

SHIRO
You look very nice, Y/n.

CORAN
Yes, you look very spiffy, if I do say so myself!

ALLURA
Yes, you look more... professional.

HUNK nodded as he continued cooking.

HUNK
They frame your face nicely.

Y/N
...I can't tell if that's a pun or not.

HUNK
Not an intentional one.

LANCE
Hang on, if you couldn't see well, how were you aiming during battle?

Y/N
Anyone not wearing white?

SHIRO puts his head in his hand and sighs.

SHIRO
I guess it's a good thing you got that vision test.

Y/N shrugs.

Y/N
I guess it is.

PIDGE picks up the camera and holds it in front of her face. PIDGE smiles.

PIDGE
Join us next time for Y/n's guide on how to protecc! Bye!

Who do we fight? Anyone not wearing a primary color!