The Phone Call

“Wait, Kate what is it?” Izzy said curiously as she sat down on my bed.

“It’s a, number.” I said confused. I wore the jacket to school, but no one that I know would give me their number. 

“Hey, let’s call it!” Liv said as she put down my laptop. 

“CALL IT!” Izzy said over excited. So I dialed the number and double checked that it was the correct number. 

“Its ringing!” I said excided.

“SPEAKER! PUT IT ON SPEAKER!” Izzy said. I think she was more excited than me.

“Hello?” the voice said

“Hello, may I ask who this is?” 

“Haha is this Kate?” the voice asked, it sounded like a boy around my age. Izzy looked at me with her eyes practically popping out of her head. Liv on the other hand was calling her mother to tell her about the concert.

“Um yes this is, now who is this?” Impatiently I asked

.

“Okay, this is Greyson Chance, you were Kate, the one who got VIP tickets for tonight’s show right?” I dropped the phone. Greyson Chance, called ME? Izzy sat up and both our mouths were dropped.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” Greyson said.

“Let me make sure this is Greyson. What shoes were you wearing tonight at the concert?” I asked not 100% sure this was Greyson.

“Black and White Chuck-Taylors, the high top kind, anything else?” 

“Oh………..My……….Goodness… IM ON THE PHONE WITH GREYSON CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed and started jumping around the room. Izzy couldn’t handle it anymore she went to the bathroom. I took the phone off speaker and started talking.

“Haha sorry about that, I just didn’t expect the number to be yours.” I said apologetically

“Its cool, hey um I know this might sound crazy but im in town for a couple more days, and um well I heard around town that you have a really good Mexican restaurant in town. Antonio’s is it?” Greyson said on the other line.

“Antonio’s, I love that place! Are you asking me to meet you at Antonio’s tomorrow?” I asked.

“Well, haha I guess I am. Tomorrow at 1:30?” he asked shyly

“I….I…Id love to ill see you then, Greyson.” I said trying to calm down.

“Good, cant wait to see you again, Kate, sweet dreams.” Greyson said 

“Goodnight Greyson.” I said and I hung up. Was that really Greyson who asked me out on a date? Izzy and Liv entered my room. I’m assuming Izzy told Liv everything because Livs eyes grew big when she saw me.

“TELL US EVERYTHING EXACTLY EVERYTHING NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!” Liv said so I told them everything that happened with the phone call.

“No way! Are you kidding me?” Liv said.

“I wouldn’t lie to you guys!” 

“Hey, Liv my mom is here, Kate we have to go. Text us tomorrow and tell us what happened on your date.” Izzy said hurried I showed them to the front door. After Izzy and Liv left I finally got the chance to freak out!

“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! IM GOING ON A DATE WITH GREYSON MICHAEL CHANCE!!!!” after my 10 minute freak out I looked at the time, 11:54. I got a shower and fell asleep with a smile on my face.