Chapter 17: Performance

FOR A BETTER READ, USE IMAGERY. IMAGINE THE SCENES IN YOUR HEAD LIKE THEY ARE REAL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy's POV

A week haas gone by now since we received our job request. The day we had to preform in the play has been itching closer and closer.

The days were rolling by. Natsu and I spent them at my house, practicing our lines. It seemed almost like he was living in my house now.

The day had finally came.

Natsu and I were backstage, preparing ourselves for the program.

"Hey Luce, are you feeling okay?" Natsu asked me. "You look a little pale."

"I'm fine. Just a little stage fright." I responded

"Well.... I might know something that could help." Natsu said, in a gentle and caring voice. He leaned his body towards me and kissed me.

It was like the world stopped for us. Like nobody could interfere with our love.

"Is that better?" he asked me, pulling his lips away from mine.

"Yes. Thank you, Natsu." I said, pulling Natsu into a hug.

"Places everybody!" the director yelled.

"I'll see you later." Natsu said as I walked away, and onto the stage.

I sat down on the luxurious couch awaiting me behind the curtain.

I sat and patted out my dress, to ensure that there were no wrinkles.

Then, the curtain opened.

As the bright lights shone into my eyes, I saw the guild. They all sat in the very front. Then the narrator started to speak.

"There once was a princess. She was beautiful and won the hearts of all the princes and knights around. But she was not happy. One night, she decided she would run away from the kingdom."

The props on the stage had changed into a forest with a nearby cave.

"The princess fled into the forest, looking for a place to rest. She hastily ran into a damp, dark cave."

"The princess had been starving, and had not thought to bring food along with her. She knew of no village in these woods. She desperately made her way further into the cave"

"As the beautiful princess explored further into the cave, she came upon a huge room the contained a fire breathing dragon."

"As frightening as the dragon was, she stayed. The dragon did not harm her. in fact, the dragon swore to always protect her."

"One evening, the dragon had fallen asleep. So, the princess gave the dragon a kiss on the cheek."

"When the princess kissed the dragon, he turned into a handsome prince."

"My love! I have waited for you to show me your love! And now, I know it's true!" The prince said, holding the princess's hand.

"I have always loved you. No matter how you looked, your kindness stole my heart." replied the princess.

The dragon pulled the princess into a final kiss, and they lived happily ever after.

Cheers roared throughout the crowd.

The curtains slammed shut.

"Hey, Lucy?" Natsu asked with a slight blush on his face.

"Yes?" I replied.

"I love you." Natsu said before bringing his lips back to mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I know, it's been forever since an update! I was so busy with all my exams and preparation, but now, I've graduated and I'm on summer break, so hopefully, I can get more time in for writing. Thank you so much for your patience and encouragement. So now, I have a shout out to make.

This one goes to truth000 for her story A Dragon's Burning Love. It is such an amazing story. I love it so much. It made me cry several times. So go check it out!

And since I have reached 5k reads, I wanted to do something special for you guys. So comment what you guys want, whether it's to get to know more about me or something as simple as updating more. Let me know in the comments. ^-^

Enough of my rambling. You're super kawaii!

~Jessica