6. [Diggy Simmons]

~Farm Boy~

"Teressa! Get out here and feed these chickens!"

I hear my mother yell through my window.

I hurry out to the barn and tend to the chickens.

If you haven't noticed, my family owns a farm basically in the middle of nowhere. We live in a small unknown countryside in Georgia.

I spent a lot of time thinking about what life is like in the city somewhere. What the people look like, talk like, dress like. I wish I was a city girl.

I was in the middle of feeding the last hen when my mother enters the barn and speaks.

"Teressa, have you met the new help? He just came in earlier today."

"No. Should I have seen him?"

I look at my mother to see a huge smile on her face.

"I think so. He's a handsome young thing. Around your age."

I just raised a brow and nervously chuckled.

"Well c'mon girl, come meet him."

My mom grabs my hand and leads me to the crops where my father was, he was speaking the who I assume is this new boy thats gonna be helping us.

I couldn't get a good look at him just yet since we weren't close enough yet but I can tell that my dad already likes him since they were sharing a laugh over something.

Just as we get close my father and this new boy turned to give their attention to me and my mother approaching.

"Well look who it is. Miss sleeping beauty."

My father jokes as I reach for a hug from him.

"I wasn't sleeping dad, I was reading."

"Mhmm. This is Daniel the new help around the farm. Daniel this is my daughter Teressa."

I looked over at Daniel to see that he had a slight smirk on his face that quickly switched to a genuine smile.

He reached his hand out to me.

"Nice to meet you Teressa."

"Nice to meet you too Daniel."

"Well we gotta start on these crops before the rain comes in tonight. We'll see Daniel again tomorrow."

My father smiled at me and I rolled my eyes and headed back to the barn.

I wonder what that Daniel boy is about..

                   ~5 weeks later~

I haven't had much time to really talk to Daniel since he first got here. We have had only 2 short conversations so far due to how busy he's been on the farm.

I'm actually starting to like him a little. I think he knows it too because whenever we are alone in the same area of the farm he sends me small smiles and looks from time to time.