11.[A$ap Rocky]

~Untitled~

Harlem, 1994

°°°

"I swear I saw this fly lil mama walkin past this joint the other day."

"This nigga sprung!" One of Rakims' friends: Ferg yells after hearing his friend gush over this girl he wouldn't stop talking about.

"Hell yeah nigga, you would be too if you saw her!"

Rakim wasn't usually too impressed with many of the girls that crossed his path but every blue moon he caught glimpses of a few beauties that had him thrown all the way off his swagger.

"Yea, iight! I hope shorty pop up so I can be the judge of that."

"..." Just as if on cue, Rakim could see her burgundy braids swinging as she made her way to the corner store that he and his friends were currently loitering in front of.

"There shorty go right there." Rakims' voice was barely above a whisper as she made her way a few feet away from them.

"ShEeeeeesh!" Ferg exagerated he made direct eye contact with the mystery girl.

She rolled her eyes at his foolishness and continued on her way inside of the bodega.

"Nigga why you gotta be so fucking extra for? 'Sides That's all mine in there." Rakim said as he gestured towards the store.

"She don't know that. You don't even know honies name. You betta go find out 'fo I do." Ferg spoke with humor laced in his tone.

"Bet."

Rakim made his way inside the store, looking around the aisles trying to spot those braids.

He finally found her near the sodas.

Rakim found himself becoming a but nervous but quickly shook it off.

"'Scuse me love."

Rakim said as he reached above her to grab a coke.

"You excused." Mystery girl said with a bit of an attitude as she grabbed a sprite and made her way to the chips.

"Not trying to bother you or nun, but what's ya name?"

Rakim made his way infront of her, blocking the chips she had previously been sorting through.

"Sabrina, now can you move? You blocking the chips."

"My bad, Sabrina." Rakim swiftly moved over, giving her room to grab the chips she wanted.

"You gonna tell me your name or?"

Sabrina looked up at Rakim waiting for him to speak.

"I'm Rakim."

"Rakim. That's cool."

Sabrina walked to the front counter to pay for her snacks, no longer interested in talking to Rakim. Rakim on the other hand wanted to keep talking to her.

"I never seen you around here."

Sabrina grabbed her snacks after paying and turned around to look at Rakim.

"I just moved her last week. I'm from California if you was gonna ask that next."

"Well, welcome to Harlem. If you need a friend, give me a call." Rakim walked out of the store.

"With what number?"

Rakim stopped walking turning back to Sabrina.

"You asking for my number?"