Chapter 11 - Plane to Boston

"Hi!" I said, confused by what's happening but also over whelmed hat I won't be bug by an annoying girl. Well, that's just for starters, 'til I realize that I'm on a big trouble right now.

"Hey, you're awake." he said, grinning like there's no tomorrow.

"Where's--"

"The girl who's sitting here? I exchange my seat with hers." he said, interrupting me.

"B-b-but, why are you here?"

"Maybe because I'm also on my way to Boston?"

"Oh, that made sense."

I don't know if it's fate working but damn, it really knows how to make two people crosses paths. Letting us to meet on a plane, so that for sure there's no escape. 

The plane lights started to flicker and my seat began to move. I feel all the rush in my body and cold filled my spine as the plane still isn't in its proper condition. I can hear my heart beating so loud. There's no way i will die in this plane. Not in this situation wherein I haven't tell Justin how much I love him. I close my eyes and wish that in a second, everything will be back to normal.

I felt a warmth that touches my hand. Warmth that I haven't felt for almost a decade now. A warmth that kept my heart beating at the coldest of the night. Warmth that can only be given by one person, Brad.

He locked his hand on mine like he used to do before. The way our fingers fit perfectly like it's designed just for each other. 

The plane continues to shake and my fear was intense. Brad put his other hand on my head and push it towards his chest.

He's hugging me, so tightly, that I can feel his heart beat in my face. My eyes are still closed and my whole body still shakes due to this phenomena. The airplane crashing or this hugging? You'll never know, neither do I.

The plane shaked again, now harder. He wrapped his arms around me as his otherhand still locks in my hand. His scent finds its way through my nose. Nothing has change, it's still the same. My favorite smell, the scent that I love more than anything in this world. The scent that when you bury be into a sea of perfumes, I would still be able to recognize.

The plane stopped shaking and the lights went back to normal. A mic feedback starts to be heard from the speaker and the pilot confirmed that there's no need to worry as we are now flying smoothly twenty-five thousand feet above sea level.

"You can let go of me now." I said, realizing that even after a minute of that catastrophe, our body are still touching and locked to each other.

"Oh, sorry!" And he removed his arms that's been wrapped around my neck.

"And that too." Pertaining to his hands on mine.

"Could I hold it until this flight ends?" he demand, looking directly into my eyes.

I felt the awkwardness rush into my body, I just loook down and didn't respond. I rest my back at my seat and started to play with the buttons from the mini tv. 

My hand starts to sweat and I felt embarrassed but he holds it tightly instead. Is he trying to punish me or...

"And you said you already overcome your fear of flying?!" He said, breaking the ice that's been filling this small place where we at.

"I don't have a fear of flying!" I said, defensively.

"Yes you do!" He persists.

"I am afraid of falling, there's a difference." I said, smiling. But I don't know why I need to smile so I went back to staring at the tv and started to search for the power button.

"Why do you have to watch tv if you could talk to me?"

"Oh, are we still-- Umm, because I think there's nothing interesting for us to talk about." I said, hesitating whether to say it or not.

"Nothing? But don't you remember how we have endless stories before?" he said, as he face me and his face is full of excitement remembering all of those times where we go on nights without sleeping because we have millions of stories to share.

"Before." I softly said. "That was before Brad. Everything is different now."

His face transformed and he let my hand go.

"Oh." he murmured.

There are no any words after that for the rest of the flight. all I feel is an awkward silence. Like this is the longest plane ride I've ever been.

We safely landed and I start to wrap my scarf around me, wear my fedora hat and put my shades on. This get u isn't really working at all though, because no matter where I go, shutterbugs will still be able to find me.

Brad goes and didn't wait for me. I don't know whether to be mad or not, but what I know is I felt relieved. Relieved that nobody will see us together.

I stand at the conveyor waiting for my luggages. I then immediately spot my things as it's the only bag who has a neon handle. I stepped near it and felt the cold steel touched my legs. Before my hand touch the handle, a man hand grabbed it fast. I pulled my head up and see Brad carrying my bag.